The Sims 3 University Life won't let my sim move into a dorm/house?

by remicheeseman97

Original Post

The Sims 3 University Life won't let my sim move into a dorm/house?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Basically what happens is that it will let me have the option of going there so I tell my sim to go there but when the world loads, I choose a dorm or a house and click on the tick that appears once you have selected the place to live but the tick just goes grey, it stays there and then thats it. Nothing happens.

I bought the game 2 days ago and obviously I really want to play it so please help D:

Now I can't move into a normal house in Sunset Valley ect so I literally can't play at all

Message 1 of 9 (7,479 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 University Life won't let my sim move into a dorm/house?

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (7,396 Views)

★ Novice

I have just tried to do this after freshly installing the game on to my new computer, and I'm still having the issue.  I create a sim, move it into a town, then once trying to move into college, I cannot move into any lot (free dorm, nor rented home).  It's really starting to be annoying.  I'm starting to regret my preorder for Sims 4.  

Message 3 of 9 (7,176 Views)

Hero

You can always cancel preorders ...

--------------

Did you patch to 1.63 yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (7,160 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem, and the pacht 1.63 its not fixing the game.
Message 5 of 9 (7,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You are correct, I can cancel the preorder,and I will if the game remains unplayable.  

Yes, I have patched.  It was a fresh install, freshly patched game on my new computer.  I was having the issue on my old computer as well, but chalked it up to perhaps not having enough ram, or an outdated video card, though I doubt my Nvidia 9800gtx is really outdated enough for the lag I was experienceing, but i disgress.  

I played one game, it got stuck there, I force closed the game, cleared all the cacheas suggsted, I do not use mods, and I have no downloaded content.  , I tried another game, same thing.  I've tried all of the suggestions.  It is playable....if I do not try to go to college, or move towns.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of my last to expac purchses.  

Message 6 of 9 (7,151 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, I don't have another suggestion for Uni towns for this issue.

Hope 1.63 would help with it but seems not.

I have tried a game that supposingly had this issue and could not duplicate so it seems something on the setup itself so usually clearing user data helps.

Maybe you guys could post some more info to see if there's any common factors.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (7,091 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 University Life won't let my Sims move into a dorm/house?

★★ Novice

I was experiencing this same problem, I narrowed it down to being logged into my username in game, try logging out of your user and select, " continue without logging in"

Message 8 of 9 (6,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same problem a couple times and I just sign out of my account and that seems to fix it
Message 9 of 9 (3,325 Views)