The Sims 3 University Life - Problem

by VenusKotek

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 University Life - Problem

★★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone,

When I am sending my sims to the university town and after choosing dormitory i cannot start the game. I am accepting the house my "confirm icon" is getting grey colour but nothing happens. Got the newest upgrade, no unofficial things, tried few times and still is the same. How can I change it? Do I need to wait months for another patch?

Nowdays I can see a lot of bugs, crashes, problems with saving etc and sometimes I am stopping believe that this game is worth the HUGE cash I spend on. It is sad because I am kinda an old player. I am with You guys from the beginning from The Sims 1 series, got big collection at home and year by year Your quality is getting worse.

Yours,

Old Player

Message 1 of 18 (459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 University Life - Problem

Hero

At the moment. It might be connected to the whole player wall/ingame gifting issue people are having and once they fixed that, it might also correct this issue.

I don't know of any other solutions. Maybe there are some around the net.

And yes, it's just a way to bypass it but that's the case with many user-derived solutions. It's not ideal, I know but it's the best I have atm.

You can try contacting a game advisor if they have a solution that works.

Really sorry that I can't give you a better answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 18 (576 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 18 (449 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately factory reset didn't help. Checked every single point there was written. All steps and the only solution is to: reinstall the game or wait for patch or?

Message 3 of 18 (446 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hmm. Waiting for a new patch is hopeless. 

Does this happen in this one save? 

It's a slightly different issue but this might work for you, it's from here.

VenomixSim wrote:

1. Go to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder. 
2. Go into the save folder you are having the problems on. 
3. There should be two files, one package file and a NHD file with Sims University in the name. Delete both of these files, and you should be able to send your sim to university with no problems. 

The only thing about using this workaround is that if you have friends at the university already, it creates a new university, so the sims you meet at the new university will be duplicates, and will NOT have the relationships you had before.

Please, please, please let me know if it works. I mean, for your sim (going to uni for the first time I suppose?) there's nothing to lose with this. 

Hope it works and I will ask the other helpers if they have an idea

Message 4 of 18 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well it's a family (4 people) so 2 of them are going first time and the another 2 are going again just on another field of study.

Anyway i've tried the thing you copied, deleted both files but it didn't change anything...

About another saves. In first link You gave me about factory reset, I tried with another family with no history just brand new one and also couldn't do anything with.

Message 5 of 18 (439 Views)

Hero

If only I knew what is causing this issue. It's not something about your savegame. I've tried one that supposingly had the issue and could not duplicate so it must be something in your setting that's causing it but since Factory Reset didn't help, only solution that is left is to reinstall the game.

Do you wanna go there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So sux Frown Would to know the reason too. I left most of my CDs in my old house 600kms away so i will have to wait some time before i will transport them and reinstall game xd If someone will know new solutions then let me know Guys.

Anyway thank you for trying to help me Standard smile

Message 7 of 18 (426 Views)

Hero

You could get the download version for free through Origin. This way you won't need the discs. 

I can't guarantuee you that it will work though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello Guys again,

There is even worse than I thought it was...

Wanted to move to another city  but i couldn't move to any house cause of the same mark thing as i had on university town.

I've lost my patience and reinstalled game. As you said i've done it by origin cause i don't have most of CDs close to me.

To check if everthing is fine i didn't download anything even free gifts for registry games from EA. I started game and choosed any family which was created by EA to check  everything and... then i couldn't move to any house again... cause of the freaky mark. Then i thought i can do it from another thing "Edit map" and.. wow done! So i thought great so if i can move to the house so i can play somehow.... Installed one of my old family and thought everything will be even half fine.

Unfortunately... nothing was fine... Yea, i could move by the edit thing... but i could click "Start playing this family" cause of the lovely grey mark...

So... i still need lot of your help because i cannot play at all...Any family...I can't do anything. The game was clear, no download items, no mods, no old files just "brand new installed games"... I don't know what else can i do.

Please help me Frown I'm about buying last 4 CDs i need to have full collection (without worlds)... and now it looks like nonsense as long as i can't play Frown

EDIT: well it worked when i clicked the house i moved them and then "switch family" icon not sure if they can move to any house in university town but gonna write about later BUT i wasn't logged in.

EDIT 2: Moving to any dorm or house in University Town is impossible still, i haven't found any possible way to bypass the check markif i would to play my own family and not lose anything.

Message 9 of 18 (402 Views)

Hero

There is some more insight into this issue now.

Question: Do you play logged in ? If so, did you try if it works if you don't login ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (388 Views)