The Sims 3: Missing objects warning?

by graceymanors

Original Post

Highlighted

The Sims 3: Missing objects warning?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

So I reinstalled all my games and all my store items, about 7 times this week, and my save files, no matter how many times I reinstall my content, It pops up missing objects warning, and I don't know what items are missing.

I have tried fresh Sims 3 folders and reinstalling the items and expansions, then moving my saves back in, no matter what I do, this message pops up.What else can i try?

I have 700 PLUS store items and it takes FOREVER to reinstall them.

Message 1 of 5 (1,277 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: Missing objects warning?

EA app Team

Hi @graceymanors,

Have you used mods or custom content in the past? This message could be because you were using a mod or custom content that is no longer installed in your game.

Did this message appear when you reinstalled your game or made any other changes?

-Mai

Message 2 of 5 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I reinstalled everything, about 15 times now. I've been trying to fix this for 2 weeks, no matter how many times I reinstall my store items, the message does not go away.

Its def store items that are missing, because when I load the game, my sim's outfit is set to base game clothing.

These files are files I transferred over from another computer.But I reinstalled EVERYTHING I owned, and the message is still there, I have about 30 times now.

Message 3 of 5 (1,247 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@graceymanors Have you gone through the download tab of the launcher in the old computer?

Message 4 of 5 (1,240 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @graceymanors,

Thanks for that information. A couple questions, if you don't mind Standard smile

1. Did you transfer from one computer to the other the whole The Sims 3 folder in your Documents \ Electronic Arts or just certain files/folders?
  2. Do you still have the game installed in the old computer, and access to it?

-Mai

Message 5 of 5 (1,232 Views)