The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes issues

by KirstyLoach

Original Post

The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes issues

★★★ Newbie

Lunar Lakes does not work on my computer and never has - even though I have reinstalled it several times. None of my sims can access any community place e..g work, bookstore, shops, anything- they are just not able to enter. Please can anyone help? Or can lunar lakes be swapped with another city???

Message 1 of 10 (1,363 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes issues

Hero (Retired)

@KirstyLoach  Are you using any mods? If the world "works" (the world loads and you can access the world) but has issues I would first suspect a mod. Have you tried uninstalling the world through the download tab of the launcher and redownloading the world? Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 10 (1,348 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Kirstyloach, I recently downloaded luna lakes, and have no been able to play it.   I go to the store and download; go to game and download again and install it.  It tell me that Ljuna Lakes finished installing and  it should be in my Main Menu!! I go there and is not there!  I have re-installed it from the Store and done everything possible to make it work and nothing I even clear catche, deleted other games and uninstall it  sims 3 and nothing! any suggestion? HOPE YOU ARE STILL OUTTHERE!

Message 3 of 10 (1,263 Views)

@Inez2  It's unlikely that someone from almost two years ago would respond to a tag, especially in an inactive thread.  But I can try to help.

Whenever adding content to your game, it's a good idea to delete the five cache files in your TS3 game folder in Documents.  If you haven't already, delete them now and test.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't help, what kind of install do you have?  If it's not Origin/Windows, you may be missing the store patches that used to be offered through the launcher.

Another possibility is that you have a corrupt .ebc file in DCCache.  These files are bundled store content, and a corrupt one can refuse to accept new installs, even though the launcher thinks the install process completed.  It's simple but time consuming to rebuild one of those files, so please address the other issues first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 10 (1,254 Views)

★★ Novice

Puzzleaddict, thanks for your quick reply!  I saw the date on your tag, I did not think, I would be hearing from you, so I greatly appreciate it you taking the time to reply.!..   Once I could not get Luna Lakes to play; I deleted other world save in sims 3, them I uninstall sims 3!   After that I clear cache, per Origin inst.   I proceeded to re-install sims 3 and download Lunar Lakes but I am still having the same problem.  I install it via the store, go to game download, then I install it from launched game, it let me now that Luna Lakes has been installed and to play I need to go to the main menu but its not there!!  The only thing I could think is, that I am missing a step?  Or Main menu is not where all of the other world that I had purchase are?  I will keep on trying. Since this happened twice before with two other down load! Once again thanks for helping !

Message 5 of 10 (1,241 Views)

★★ Novice

ps, I have pc,  windows 10/Origin!!!

Message 6 of 10 (1,240 Views)

@Inez2  You're looking in the right place—Lunar Lakes should be on the dropdown list on the Main Menu, along with all the other worlds.  One possibility that comes to mind is that you have more than one game folder (the one that's supposed to be in Documents), and the game is reading the "wrong" one, as in the one that doesn't have Lunar Lakes installed.

The Sims 3 game folder, and all its contents, should be in Documents\Electronic Arts, but with Windows 10, it often lands in OneDrive instead.  Then the game can't find the folder, so it generates a new one, which would of course not have any installed content in it.  If your game folder is in OneDrive, move it into Documents\EA (you can delete the one that's already there), and then disable OneDrive so it doesn't happen again.

Message 7 of 10 (1,234 Views)

★★ Novice

puzzlezaddict, (by the way, like your user name, I love puzzle, usually likes the 2,000 pieces)Thanks for the info! but no Driver one is empty and game is in the correct folder under Documents\Electronic Arts, Lunar Lakes....I will keep trying different suggestion!  Maybe one will eventually work as it did with the others two!!  !

Message 8 of 10 (1,215 Views)

@Inez2  Alright, the issue may be a corrupt .ebc file after all.  But you can build a new one and add it to your existing game folder.  Here's how:

• Uninstall Lunar Lakes from the launcher.  If it doesn't show up, be sure to delete LunarLakes.world from InstalledWorlds, if it's still there.
  • Drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.
  • Open the launcher, which will create a clean game folder.
  • Inside your old game folder, open DCBackup and find ccmerged.package.  Move it to DCBackup inside your new game folder.
  • Download and install only Lunar Lakes.
  • Launch the game and test.  If Lunar Lakes doesn't show up, stop here and let me know.
  • In this new folder, find LunarLakes.world inside InstalledWorlds, and move it to InstalledWorlds in your old game folder.
  • Go into DCCache in the new folder and find dcdb0.ebc.  That's a zero in its name; you'll need to change that zero to the number that's one higher than the highest .ebc file in your existing game folder.  (You can ignore your .dbc files; those are third-party cc bundles.)  So if your old folder has dcdb0.ebc through dcdb4.ebc, the one from your new folder will become dcdb5.ebc, and then you can add it to your old folder.
  • Move ccmerged.package back to DCBackup inside your old game folder.

If this doesn't work either, let me know; you may have to rebuild your store content from scratch.

Message 9 of 10 (1,212 Views)

★★ Novice

puzzlezaddict, once again thank you for all your help and taking time to help me!!!! Game is working know.  I just keep trying different suggestion and it works!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not really tell you what was that work.

Message 10 of 10 (1,204 Views)