The Sims 3 Keeps Minimizing!

by rahulgdefault

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Keeps Minimizing!

★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue and killing myself trying to fix it!

I FINALLY FIXED IT!

I noticed that the full screen resolution that it was setting my game to was way off. When I changed the resolution in the game it stopped minimizing itself. Here is how to fix it and keep it fixed!

Right click on your desktop-> Screen Resolution -> write down recommended (mine is 1920x1200)

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3
Open the Options.ini file
search for Resolution
(it should have 3 numbers after it separated by spaces)

change the first number to the first number of your recommended resolution
and the second number to the second recommended resolution and leave the third number alone

EX: resolution = 1920 1200 60 (that's mine)

Save it, restart the sims

Hopefully you will be playing in no time!

Message 11 of 37 (40,955 Views)

Hero

Thank you for that solution.

Bookmarked!

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 37 (27,870 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello guys,

I'm having the  same  issue,   my operating  systems  is  Windows 7 and  anti virus  is  MAc Acfee.  It  was just  fine  until  a  few  days ago,  but then  my  sister  dropped  my  computer and  since  then  it's  been  acting  up,  but it only does it with the  Sims 3. I have  other game  and  playing then  in fullscreen is  no  problem.   And  my  resolution is  fine it's where it  should be so I'm  drawing  blank here. It's  plays  just  fine on windowed.

Message 13 of 37 (27,775 Views)

Hero

Do a system check and a check disc. Maybe some hard drive sectors were damaged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 37 (27,772 Views)

★★★ Pro

besides what Crin told you to try, by any chance did you do an update? Some people were reporting new update reset their launchers. It happened to me too, it changed my settings. This could also be a cause not just that your computer was dropped.

Message 15 of 37 (27,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried what you have suggested here (I FINALLY FIXED IT!) but unfortunately it still hasn't solved the problem. Is there something else you can suggest?

Message 16 of 37 (27,119 Views)

Hero

Best if you made your own thread, posting your system specs and describing the issue you're seeing in your own words.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 37 (27,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its been a while, but thought I would share what I found in case it helps anyone. I've been having this problem for the last couple of days. In my case the problem seems to be a configuration tool for my (new) wireless card.

Obviously this is quite specific to my situation. However, as someone else said on this thread check to see what changes have happened to the operating system. I spent quite a while looking at the task manager via Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Message 18 of 37 (26,549 Views)

Hero

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (26,546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded The Sims and all my expansions onto my new desktop (I have it on my laptop too), only to run into this problem without even playing it on here yet. I've tried changing it to the recommended resolution of my computer and still nothing. I've also added it to the exception list in data execution prevention. I've tried everything and I have no idea what else to do. Yes, it's up to date, and it's still working perfectly on my laptop. Pleeeassee help! This is extremely frustrating. Especially since I bought a desktop in order to not have to deal with overheating when I play games.

Message 20 of 37 (26,156 Views)