Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Isla Paradiso

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Isla Paradiso lag

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I bought Island Paradise and Into The Future yesterday, but from the moment I played it I got those annoying 'lag spikes', where the game freezes for a few moments and then runs smoothly again. The problem is that this is multiple times per 'sim-hour', so sometimes playing is quite impossible. I also noticed that this problem is only on Isla Paradiso, and in no other map.

Things I already tried:

I tried to delete all store - and custom content

I tried to start over with a new family

I tried to lower the graphical settings

I tried serveral mods from which I read they could help (NRaas Overwatch, NRaas Mastercontroller, NRaas Register)

I deleted the whole folder so it could make a 'clean' new folder
I tried the cheat ' ResetSim * '

But nothing of those things seemed to help...

Does anyone know a proper solution for this problem?

Greetings,

Joris (IGN: JDKdeluxe)

Message 1 of 10 (70,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Isla Paradiso lag

Hero

There's not much hope for the world. If you have lags, you have lags, especially if you tried everthing that's suggested.

Here's one more thing you can try: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (79,292 Views)

All Replies

Hero

There's not much hope for the world. If you have lags, you have lags, especially if you tried everthing that's suggested.

Here's one more thing you can try: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (79,293 Views)

★★★ Novice
Well, i found out that if I use NRaas Mastercontroller at the townhouse and delete all wild animals, and all homeless sims, the lag disappeared Standard smile
Message 3 of 10 (70,325 Views)

Hero

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (70,318 Views)

★★★ Novice
To anyone: I found something that actually works for me to fix the lag! (On a higher end pc)
First, set all your graphics to the max,
Then, delete the Scott-family, as their house seemed to give many routing problems,
For extra safety, install the mod NRaas Overwatch, as this mod tries to fix routing problems automatically, thus reducing the lag.
Seems weird, but yep, it works :D
Message 5 of 10 (70,306 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I think the family actually lives on a houseboat and at the beginning is somehow routing to nowhere. They do give troubles but for most that resolves itself during gameplay.

I'm glad it worked for you though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (70,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please could you tell me what the mod NRaas Overwatch is? I have also been having the same problem with Island Paradise which I got for Christmas. I have tried lots of fixes: reset sim, reinstalling my whole collection on Windows 7 rather than Windows XP, creating new sims, reducing all the graphics options to low, updating my graphics drivers, running the game on the slow speed setting, checking that my graphics card is recognised. Unfortunately none of these actions have improved anything. This has not been a fun way to spend my time at Christmas! I will try and delete the Scott family now.

Message 7 of 10 (70,272 Views)

Hero (Retired)

island paradise is the laggiest one i've come across we're not allowed to talk about mods here google twallan

Message 8 of 10 (70,268 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You mean TOWN HALL, and not TOWNHOUSE?

Message 9 of 10 (48,580 Views)

★ Novice
Oh my goodness, Isla Paradiso was driving my buts bc of this lag, and I have a new top of the line gaming lap top. I deleted the Scott family and INSTANT success. Thank you. Idk you but ily.
Message 10 of 10 (41,156 Views)