Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

by jkopas80

Original Post

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

★★★★ Newbie

I purchased paradise island and it keeps lagging. its very annoying when trying to paly. Are there any fixes for this issue?

Message 1 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

@jkopas80  I've moved your thread to the Sims 3 section, since the issue is game-specific and doesn't have anything to do with Origin.

I take if you're playing in the world of Isla Paradiso?  That world is so poorly made as to be almost unplayable.  There are numerous places sims get stuck on the map, both in houses and on roads, and the game engine goes crazy trying to reroute them, taking up resources that should be used to run the rest of the game.  The result is lag, and freezing, and a general mess.

EA never fixed Isla Paradiso, and since the game has been out of development for over five years, no fix is coming.  For what it's worth though, the features of the Island Paradise pack work just fine and can be used in any world that has room for them.  So you could place dive lots and resorts on another map, or you could download a player-made world that's set up to be a tropical paradise.

Speaking of that, a player named ciane fixed the world of IP and has provided her work for download on the official Sims forums.  She has posted two versions: one that uses content from all packs, and one that uses only the base game and IP.  You could download one of her fixed versions, or copy her work into your own game—she documented all the edits necessary to make the world playable.  Here's her thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

If you still run into trouble playing with Island Paradise, there are other steps you can take to help the game run better in general.  IP is one of the more demanding expansions, and some computers need a bit of help to run the game properly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help