Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

by lesleyycruz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's sad that its 2018 and they still have not fixed the problem. I bought the game a few hours ago and It has been freezing up like crazy. It's not fair. They really need to fix this issue. I wish I would've known about this, I would've kept my money. 

Message 1 of 7 (552 Views)

Accepted Solution

@lesleyycruz  I split your comment into its own thread because the original post and solution are several years old.  (Yes, there were some more recent posts, but they didn't contain any useful new information.)

The original world of IP is so poorly made that it's almost unplayable, but the features of the expansion pack work very well, and they can be placed in any world that has the space and deep enough water.  There are numerous player-created worlds with islands and dive lots that you could download, or you could edit one of your own to suit your needs.  The only thing to be careful of is inactive sims living in houseboats, as they can often have routing failures that cause the game to lag.

If you want to play in Isla Paradiso, you can edit the world yourself, or download a fixed version.  A player named ciane has done all the edits necessary to make IP run smoothly and provided her save file for download to anyone who wants it.  She also documented the work she did, for those who'd rather fix IP themselves.  Here's her thread on the subject:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

As far as official fixes are concerned, it's overwhelmingly likely that there won't be any.  TS3 has been out of development for five years now, and all indications are that EA has no plans to patch or otherwise fix any aspect of the game.  So it's left to players to figure out what to do going forward.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (540 Views)

All Replies

@lesleyycruz  I split your comment into its own thread because the original post and solution are several years old.  (Yes, there were some more recent posts, but they didn't contain any useful new information.)

The original world of IP is so poorly made that it's almost unplayable, but the features of the expansion pack work very well, and they can be placed in any world that has the space and deep enough water.  There are numerous player-created worlds with islands and dive lots that you could download, or you could edit one of your own to suit your needs.  The only thing to be careful of is inactive sims living in houseboats, as they can often have routing failures that cause the game to lag.

If you want to play in Isla Paradiso, you can edit the world yourself, or download a fixed version.  A player named ciane has done all the edits necessary to make IP run smoothly and provided her save file for download to anyone who wants it.  She also documented the work she did, for those who'd rather fix IP themselves.  Here's her thread on the subject:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

As far as official fixes are concerned, it's overwhelmingly likely that there won't be any.  TS3 has been out of development for five years now, and all indications are that EA has no plans to patch or otherwise fix any aspect of the game.  So it's left to players to figure out what to do going forward.

Message 2 of 7 (541 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you !!! I spoke to an ea advisor, which told me my computer didn't support the game,  and welp I'm going to have to return it. Thank you for the info. Im going to try and see if that's something I can do and if not return it. It sucks cuz it's a really cool game. I don't know why they continue to sell it if they know it has all of these issues. But whatever. Thanks again ! 

Message 3 of 7 (534 Views)

@lesleyycruz  All newer computers aren't fully supported by TS3, since it hasn't truly been updated in five years.  But if you run a dxdiag, I can give you a better idea of what kind of performance you might expect from your hardware.  Plenty of people play on systems that EA support wouldn't know what to do with, but it's often pretty simple to make the game run as well as it ever did.  Of course, there are also systems that don't handle the game well at all, but that's always been true for TS3 as well.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 4 of 7 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

It's okay, I think im just gunna return it. If they don't let me, then I'll try to make it work. Thanks a million though. You've been great 😁

Message 5 of 7 (521 Views)

★★ Novice

Lol so they didn't let me return it. so I decided to give it a second chance. I downloaded the simple solitude thing from the info you sent me and I deleted all of the households when I went to play on island paradiso (just in case) and so far I haven't experienced any freezing yet. So I wanted to thank you for going out of your way to help me !! I hope you have a wonderful day ! 

Message 6 of 7 (484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is your disk scratched? maybe you need a clean disk or it may be your computer, maybe try getting a new computer it your disk isn't scratched.

Message 7 of 7 (436 Views)