Re: The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

by kakymcconnell

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Island Paradise Freezing

★★ Novice

Hi when I play Sims 3 island paradise it keeps freezing about every minute for a minute the background keeps moving but my Sims and the clock does not.

Please tell me what to do to make it better and stop freezing? 

Message 1 of 37 (48,075 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 37 (30,848 Views)

All Replies

Hero

See if this link helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/11/sims-in-slow-motion.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (47,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.  I don't have Lunar Lakes or the tree of prosperity.  It only began after I purchased Island Paradise.  It has completely ruined the game and taken what should be a fun experience to a miserable and frustrating one.  Im looking at having to completely uninstall and wipe everything then reinstall without Island Paradise.

Message 3 of 37 (47,800 Views)

Hero

Do you have the freezing just in Islo Paradiso or other worlds too ?

Also, the tree isn't the only culprit for this. It's just one thing we users were able to identify 

Do you have any premium store content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (47,798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im also having this problem. It only happens on the Island Paradise map. When I load up my save i'll get a few minutes before the game stops. Nothing in the background like trees or water or even the plumbob stop their animation, just my sim and the clock freeze for a few seconds,  then resume a few seconds later. The longer I play the longer and more frequent the freezes. I can on any other world indefinitely without any problems. What should I do?

Message 5 of 37 (47,634 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, and when it happens I also cant move the camera, click on anything or interact with the game at all.

Message 6 of 37 (47,634 Views)

Hero

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (47,618 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. And it is definitely caused by the island paradise expansion. On my previous computer my sims 3 was working fine until I installed island paradise. Then the sims would start freezing. The background sound and visuals and even fairy sims' wings would keep moving but the sime, mouse and clock would freeze. This would happen every few seconds for at least a minute. I recently got a new computer and the same thing happened! I played first without island paradise and it didn't freeze but as soon as I installed it again it started happening.

It's no fun to play and honestly I'm starting to think it was a waste of money to buy. $30 game and can't even play it.

Message 8 of 37 (47,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem, the sim and the clock keep freezing every minuet or so for about 30 seconds then resumes and this keeps happening. I gave up on the game a few months ago as it annoyed me so much, however I just completely uninstalled and reinstalled again and the problem is still there! Please if anyone knows a fix for this let me know!

Message 9 of 37 (46,536 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having the same problem. I even deleted all of my custom content and it is still happening. I am running a Mac, version 10.8.4, 16 GB memory with a 750 GB hard drive. Ran fine before Island Paradise, now freezes every minute or so. Also have resort workers who get "stuck" for no reason, so I am always having to reset them (which I have NEVER done in any other game!).

Message 10 of 37 (44,841 Views)