The Sims 3 Ambitions: The Fireman Profession won't work properly

by Rakkla90

Original Post

Highlighted

The Sims 3 Ambitions: The Fireman Profession won't work properly

★★★ Newbie

When my fireman sim gets to work he can upgrade the alarm and the truck but when the alarm goes off, I click on it and select 'put out small house fire' and nothing happens.  The alarm stoppes ringing, the icon for the job disappears and my sim carries on as if nothing happened.  Well I can't advance in this profession like this and I have tried everything. I manually uninstalled and then reinstalled all my sims 3 games, I have done trouble shooting and followed every step the Costumer Support Advisors suggest.  So I'm just putting this here cause I still haven't found a solution for this problem and I'm getting a bit irritated.

Message 1 of 6 (14,595 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Ambitions: The Fireman Profession won't work properly

Hero

The profession hasn't been working properly for a while now. Unfortuately, I can't offer any solutions but reinstalling won't help.

We can just hope that they'll ever fix it.

Could you report here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page

Doesn't matter if it's an older bug. I'll add your report to the first page so we can get this solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (14,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. Isn't there any solvation yet? It's been more than 1 year. CARELESS EA. AS ALWAYS.
Message 3 of 6 (12,453 Views)

Hero

It might be an issue with a corrupt work outfit.

Did you try giving your fireman a custom workout fit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (12,448 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I was having this problem too in Sunset Valley ONLY, and I solved it.

The problem is that the Sunset Valley Fire Department is broken beyond repair. I solved this with a workaround...

---I built a new fire department in the place of the old one!---

Just go into Edit Town mode and click on the fire department, then click edit this lot and build a new one!

Or if you don't like to build, you MIGHT be able to download one from The Sims 3 Exchange on the Sims 3 Website, Just download it from there to your launcher!

Hope this helped!

Message 5 of 6 (12,375 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem until I stopped maintaining the rig and alarm until they hit 0%. Then out of no where it decides to work and of course my sims hunger, sleep and hygiene are at an all time low! In between I had loaded into another game which could have fixed the problem but idk.

Message 6 of 6 (5,182 Views)