Supernatural Won't Load on Sims 3?

by MooMooIsMelting

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Supernatural Won't Load on Sims 3?

★★★★★ Novice

I love the Sims 3 Supernatural pack. However, for some reason, Origin won't let me play it. Let me explain. When I open up the launch screen, everything appears fine and normal. But when I go to "Expansions and Stuff" I am upset to find that my purchased Supernatural pack has disappeared. So I click "Don't see your packs?". It takes me to the Sims 3 packs, obviously, but when I go to look at the Supernatural pack, it says I need to buy it again for $19.99! I already bought it though. Mind you, I did get a new PC in the time span that I just simply didn't play this pack in. I've only played the Supernatural pack once in my life, and I've got a sinking feeling that the reason I can't play it anymore was that I got a new PC, or I just haven't played the pack in so long. But I can play Sims 4 just fine, and I bought that on my old PC. Help! Devil

Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Supernatural Won't Load on Sims 3?

@MooMooIsMelting  Which computer you used to buy the pack makes no difference; the code is linked to a single account, not a computer.  You can try clearing Origin's cache and rebooting, which helps some people whose packs disappear from time to time.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-do-I-clean-the-Origin-cache-files/m-p/5499713

It also doesn't matter how long it's been since you bought the EP.  But it may have disappeared a while ago without your noticing.  A little over a year ago, EA started deactivating packs registered with codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained.  This is the danger of buying from unauthorized third parties—you can't tell whether the code is legitimate until it doesn't work.  To find out whether this is the case for you, you'll need to contact EA customer support and have someone on that end look at your account.  If your code has been deactivated, then the only thing you can do is buy the pack again.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If, on the other hand, you bought directly from Origin, or from an authorized seller like Amazon Direct (not Marketplace), you might be able to get the pack restored to your account.  Be sure to have any proof of purchase and/or ownership you can find available for the chat.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)

All Replies

Re: Supernatural Won't Load on Sims 3?

@MooMooIsMelting  Which computer you used to buy the pack makes no difference; the code is linked to a single account, not a computer.  You can try clearing Origin's cache and rebooting, which helps some people whose packs disappear from time to time.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-do-I-clean-the-Origin-cache-files/m-p/5499713

It also doesn't matter how long it's been since you bought the EP.  But it may have disappeared a while ago without your noticing.  A little over a year ago, EA started deactivating packs registered with codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained.  This is the danger of buying from unauthorized third parties—you can't tell whether the code is legitimate until it doesn't work.  To find out whether this is the case for you, you'll need to contact EA customer support and have someone on that end look at your account.  If your code has been deactivated, then the only thing you can do is buy the pack again.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If, on the other hand, you bought directly from Origin, or from an authorized seller like Amazon Direct (not Marketplace), you might be able to get the pack restored to your account.  Be sure to have any proof of purchase and/or ownership you can find available for the chat.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)