Re: Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs 'serious unexpected error' opening saved gam

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs 'serious unexpected error' opening saved game

★ Novice

I have a Mac (high sierra version 10.13.6) I was able to play Sunlit Tides and Hidden springs bought with SP.. then I bought a expansion and it all went out the window it seems.. I have saved games in those worlds but every time I try playing it says "A serious error occurred" and to restart my application. I have done everything from deleting and re-downloading the game and patches to talking to 7+ different people from EA and nothing works. I'm beyond fed up and have poured too much money into this game to just let it go. sims 3 is always better than sims 4 in my opinion because of the open world feel and being able to control pets so I won't play sims 4 if i had too.

Message 1 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs 'serious unexpected error' opening saved gam

@chewyhobo4321  Did you happen to delete the WorldCache folder, or any files in that folder?  If so, it's no wonder that you can't open your saves—those files should never be deleted on a mac.

If this isn't the case, try starting a new save in a clean folder to see how it works.  Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents\EA and launch the game, and a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Load a new save just to make sure everything works, then quit and install either Sunlit Tides or Hidden Springs.  Try to start another new save in the world you just installed.

If it works, you can copy your Saves folder from your old game folder to your new one, and try to load a save that takes place in that world.  Don't worry about the message that says objects are missing and have been replaced; you're not going to save your progress anyway.  The point is to see whether your saves load.  If one world works, download and install the other and test the rest of your saves.

Also, I'm not sure whether HS and ST need the store patches to work properly, but you can just copy over ContentPatch from your old game folder to your new one as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)