Re: Stuck in Create a Sim/Create a Household

by SapphireEris

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck in Create a Sim/Create a Household

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm playing The Sims 3 - Pets. I bought a foal from the shelter, and after he grew up, I wanted to customize his saddle. So the game enters Create a Household, and I begin changing some colors on the saddle and bridle. At some point I want to drag a color to another accessory, but I accidently drag it onto my horse/horse's coat. Then the game sort of freaks out, and I'm unable to do anything.

This is a screenshot of the current situation

There's an alert message saying "The current style is invalid. Please select a new style before continuing."

The arrow points at the custom content icon, but if I click it, nothing comes in. When I click it again, the image that can be seen in the screenshot comes back. However, even if I click it or double click it, nothing happens. I can't save, and I would lose so much progress if I just quit...

Otherwise I tried clicking everything once, twice, with the right mouse button, middle mouse button, but nothing works. I tried using the console, but I didn't find anything useful that could help me. I tried searching for this problem on the Internet, but nobody has encountered this problem as far as I know.

I've been using custom content and colors for a while now, and it has never been a trouble before, even though a hint suggested some players to try playing without custom content to fix problems.

I don't know what to do, this has never happened before, and I just can't believe that it's the custom content's fault.

Obviously the game thought I meant to apply the color to the coat, maybe the pattern, too. But there's no undo button, so I can't go around this problem.

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 14 (19,039 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I know it's "kinda" late... but for future reference:

I got saved from having to re-create my sims' wardrobe once again (more than 1h of work...) in the same situation as yours by repeatedly pressing Ctrl+Z (Undo)!!! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

I hope this'll help anybody desperately browsing for solution to this issue, like I was! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (20,736 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you try the ESC key ?

I don't think there's much you can do.

For the future, always save your game before going to CAS. It's all the advise I have for your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (18,985 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I even tried the ESC key, and unfortunately, nothing happened.

Thank you for your help, anyway, I'll make sure to be more careful in the future.

Message 3 of 14 (18,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

I know it's "kinda" late... but for future reference:

I got saved from having to re-create my sims' wardrobe once again (more than 1h of work...) in the same situation as yours by repeatedly pressing Ctrl+Z (Undo)!!! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

I hope this'll help anybody desperately browsing for solution to this issue, like I was! Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (20,737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ahhhh you are awesome!!! you just saved me HOURS of creating the perfect household!! Thank you so much haha! LEGEND!! :D

Message 5 of 14 (17,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you !!!!!!

Message 6 of 14 (17,126 Views)

★★ Novice
I tried the Ctrl+z and nothing. So I decided to just take the loss. And now it is just saying processing an has been for like 30 mins!! I can not open launcher I can not ESC plz helpb
Message 7 of 14 (15,161 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Trixiedark420 press ctrl, alt, delete and open the task manager. Kill the application

Message 8 of 14 (15,152 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

So, I've just come across this problem again, luckily enough though, all the way to the right is the small ""done" checkmark, that takes you back to the item selection.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this hair style about a dozen times now and it still says it's invalid.

Is there anything I can do to fix this so that I can actually use this style and also change this style's colors or patterns?

I know it's been a looooong time since this thread was started, but I'm sure everyone after me would like to now how to actually SOLVE this issue, instead of "working around it"

Thank You
~Amarie

Message 9 of 14 (14,144 Views)

★ Novice

THIS DOESNT WORK.....Frown

Message 10 of 14 (13,142 Views)