Re: Store content wont install "Install the latest Software Update that i h

by sallybear11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Store content wont install "Install the latest Software Update that i have....

★★★★ Apprentice

Premium store content wont install, , ie, old mill, magic, dragon valley, greenhouse set, archers gauntlet etc etc, my game is patched through origin to higher than 1.67 etc. its 1.69, so when the installs fail, and it says update your game, im left scouring the internet while EA chat, ORIGIN and ALL phone numbers are not available . it seems i spend my weekends working on sims problems, and Rarely get to play.

Anyone got any ideas ? 

Message 1 of 10 (1,196 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

hi, yes this is such a pain in the neck,

but my issue is resolved, so here is the procedure i went through, and please note, in the end i suspect it was the error reporting through origin that fixed it. i also emailed EA several times.

first i cleared dccbackup, then placed the dccache on my desktop to regenerate.( this is not advised, as you will loose all your store content, but in our case, we dont have it anyway).

that at least allowed my cc content other than bought store items to be finally successfully installed.

i deleted one store item in downloads, and then logged on to the store and re downloaded it, it failed to install again.

an hour later, in blind frustration, i deleted a store item and installed it successfully.....at 1am....id been at it for hours..researching what to do.

during this whole time, i had remained on-line, connected to the store and logged in at the launcher, logged in on origin, and i suspect it was a remote fix.

my best advice, given i have issues with the sims regularly, is flood origin with error reports, send multiple ones with updates on your lack of progress, most issues are fixed miraculously within 24 hours.

which sucks if you play on a Saturday night like i do.......

good luck.

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,166 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try redownloading just one content and install that.

That message usually occurs if the game can't properly get the entitlements right.

See if that works. If it does, do the same for the rest.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

wow, imagine if origin responded this quickly, thanks very much, im off to try this solution out..

Message 3 of 10 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well, what can i say, nope, it didn't work, but remind me, why we spend so much time and money on this game? there goes my weekend of gaming......unless you have a miracle fix....?  still grateful for your time..

Message 4 of 10 (1,174 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi, just wondering if  you have any other suggestions? thanks in advance .

Message 5 of 10 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, my store content will not load and won't show in game. Sometimes it shows that the content has downloaded and then it shows that it hasn't. I can't use the changing table for babies or the auto dog feeder that I got at the store. I tried taking all content out and putting it back in and that didn't help. I tried re-down loading the whole game and nothing works. If the content shows in downloads when I click on it won't download in game because the items simply are not there. I got an error message saying I don't have the updated sims 3 version and I have the most recent version. I thought I needed an older game update like 1.67 and when I re-downloaded the game with origins it is 1.69 update. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks so much.

Message 6 of 10 (1,148 Views)

Hero

Try moving the DCCache folder (this is ALL your content except houses and Sims) to the desktop.

Then try again. The folder should be recreaeted

If this doesn't help, can you post the content of this file: sims3laucher.log (or something along these lines). Just open it with a text editor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi, yes this is such a pain in the neck,

but my issue is resolved, so here is the procedure i went through, and please note, in the end i suspect it was the error reporting through origin that fixed it. i also emailed EA several times.

first i cleared dccbackup, then placed the dccache on my desktop to regenerate.( this is not advised, as you will loose all your store content, but in our case, we dont have it anyway).

that at least allowed my cc content other than bought store items to be finally successfully installed.

i deleted one store item in downloads, and then logged on to the store and re downloaded it, it failed to install again.

an hour later, in blind frustration, i deleted a store item and installed it successfully.....at 1am....id been at it for hours..researching what to do.

during this whole time, i had remained on-line, connected to the store and logged in at the launcher, logged in on origin, and i suspect it was a remote fix.

my best advice, given i have issues with the sims regularly, is flood origin with error reports, send multiple ones with updates on your lack of progress, most issues are fixed miraculously within 24 hours.

which sucks if you play on a Saturday night like i do.......

good luck.

Message 8 of 10 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hi and thankyou for your help, at least during the agony of trying to fix this, people like you give us hope during the process, and we learn, ready for the next problem that is never too far away.

i suspect origin fixed the issue in the end.

Message 9 of 10 (1,126 Views)

Hero

Hi,

happy to hear that you got it resolved. It's very possible that you're reporting did something as this is a problem with entitlements. The game kind doesn't recognize that you own the content - hence giving you the error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,118 Views)