Sound issues in Sims 3

by ToMira9192

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sound issues in Sims 3

★★★★ Novice

In Sims 3, for some reason, I can't hear any sounds while playing. I recently bought and installed Seasons expansion pack, and I'm not using mods. I'm playing in a family of two in Riverview.

Basically what happens, is that when I load the saved game, I hear no sounds from the game at all, or I can hear some basic talking and clicking sounds, but after a few seconds the sound stops. This is the first time something like this happens, and I've had my Sims 3 for over a year now and I've bought many expansion and stuff packs. These issues started after I moved into a new house some Sim days earlier.

I deleted Options.ini file and DeviceConfig.txt files from the Sims 3 folder in my documents in order to try to fix the issue (I saw the tip in an other website), however it didn't fix the issue.

I have the latest patches and drivers are up to date.

Message 1 of 13 (38,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sound issues in Sims 3

Hero

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (45,701 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Go to documents\ea\thesims3 and delete these files

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (45,702 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Big thanks, that fixed the issue!

Message 3 of 13 (38,238 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I deleted the files without the success.  The only change I've made was to upgrade to Win 8.1 Pro.  Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 13 (38,228 Views)

Hero

Check if there are new drivers for your audio.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (38,222 Views)

★ Novice

what if i tried what you did there but my sound still cuts out, the wird part is it stops working altogether when i change the speed and dosent start working again untill i re-launch the game

Message 6 of 13 (37,658 Views)

★ Novice

I had a similar sound issue, I was able to hear the basic sounds, however not the sounds made by the Sims "talking" or the sounds build in the UI when we click on some items, or in Buy and/or Build mode etc.

I deleted the cashe files as you said and it did fixed my problem, so thanks a lot

Message 7 of 13 (37,416 Views)

★ Novice

im having the same problem with my game,while game is loading i hear sound.once the game is loading the sound stops,ive deleted those files made no difference,i also checked my sound on my comp,all my drivers are updated for my sound,nothing to be done there.i cant resolve this problem.

Message 8 of 13 (31,386 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 9 of 13 (28,990 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I deleted the files but when I launched my game the files came back and I still have no sound, am I doing something wrong?
Message 10 of 13 (9,906 Views)