Re: Something happened after I left the future

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Something happened after I left the future

★★★ Newbie

I just came back from the future after engineering two baby’s. When I came back, all of my sims could no longer be controlled and their names changed. They won’t move from where they are and the only thing they’ll do is play on their phone. It doesn’t show me the pictures of them on the left side of the screen anymore and it shows that I have no money. It’ll let me save and leave he game but I can’t do much else. What do I do?

im sure it’s because I have on cc’s and the baby’s glitched so they are wearing deaths clothes. But idk what to do

Message 1 of 2 (347 Views)

Re: Something happened after I left the future

[ Edited ]

@behnke10  The only thing to do is to revert to a previous save, from before your sims returned home to that mess.  Hopefully you didn't save your progress, but even if you did, the game keeps the files from the second to last time you saved.  Inside Saves, in your TS3 game folder in Documents, you'll see a folder with your save name, and another with the same name plus a .backup extension on the end.  So if your main save folder is SunsetValley.sims3, your backup will be SunsetValley.sims3.backup.  Delete the extension and rename the save (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

Before trying to send your sims home again, be sure to delete the five cache files in your game folder as well.  In fact, while troubleshooting, you should delete them every time you quit the game.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

As soon as you load your backup save (your own or the game's), it's a good idea to use "save as" to rename the save.  That way, the game will create a new save file instead of overwriting the existing one, and you'll have the older file to revert to if you need it.

It's also best to save, quit, delete your cache files, and reload immedately before attempting the travel transition.  That's when TS3's resource usage is at its lowest, and the transition is most likely to be successful.  If it still fails, let me know, and I'll write out some steps to lower the stress on the game engine further.

As for the bad cc (the Grim Reaper clothing on the babies), you'll need to sort through your custom content to uninstall it.  If you can't find it in the launcher's Installed Content tab, or if the launcher crashes when you try, Crinrict's guide to getting rid of bad cc may help.  In particular, try the Method by Mell.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)