Re: Sims3 Island Paradise won't install and Sims launcher can't connect to Origin

by gayla_wright

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims3 Island Paradise won't install and Sims launcher can't connect to Origin

★ Novice

Hi,

I'm operating on Windows 7 for the PC and running 1.50 version of the base game.

Firstly, when I open the launcher, just recently, it comes up with a pop up error message saying I can't connect to Origin. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin to ensure I have the right version but the error message keeps coming up.

Secondly, I've downloaded the Island Paradise EP through origin but when I click to install it asks me to open the launcher to ensure the SIms 3 is updated. I've done this and it is, there's no updates to download. So Ive tried installing IP again but the same error message keeps popping up. I've restarted the comp but error still coming up - it basically won't let me install Island Paradise.

Can anyone help at all?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 8 (9,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims3 Island Paradise won't install and Sims launcher can't connect to Origin

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you'r not at 1.55, try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (9,925 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same probl3em and just found the answer!!!! It was a custom lot in my download section of my launcher! Please uninstall ALL custom content (which is created by third party users-not EA) from the launcher downloads section and it will start right up!!! Im SO happy!

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (9,891 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you'r not at 1.55, try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (9,926 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same probl3em and just found the answer!!!! It was a custom lot in my download section of my launcher! Please uninstall ALL custom content (which is created by third party users-not EA) from the launcher downloads section and it will start right up!!! Im SO happy!

Message 3 of 8 (9,892 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! Manually downloaded patch (still not sure why it wont connect to origin and do it automatically) and removed custom content before installing IP EP. Seems to have worked! 

Message 4 of 8 (8,943 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you :-)

Message 5 of 8 (8,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where is the "launcher downloads" section?

Message 6 of 8 (8,143 Views)

Re: Sims3 Island Paradise let me install and I can't open up sims3 anymore!

★★★ Newbie
I'm having trouble installing island paradise but when I press install a window comes up and it says shut down all associated program's with island paradise I ONLY HAVE ORIGIN open number 2: I downloaded the island paradise yesterday but when I woke up I couldent open sims3 up I had 2 expansion packs I don't know why them 2 did work but why island paradise I know it is a big expansion to sims3 but I do need help cause its £30 for the island paradise and like £40 for sims3 AND THAT'S LOADS OF MY MONEY GOING DOWN THE DRAIN
Message 7 of 8 (7,989 Views)

Re: Sims3 Island Paradise won't install and Sims launcher can't connect to Origi

★★★ Newbie

Hey Gayla, I have the same problem and ea games dont help!!!!!! I have paid twice for the same game, they owe me $20 and i want to play what i pay for. So upset with the set up and ea games. hope we all find answers. 

Message 8 of 8 (2,697 Views)