Sims3 Freezing - An Unexpected error (Mac Version)

by busterdee

Original Post

Sims3 Freezing - An Unexpected error (Mac Version)

★ Novice

Issue: When playing the game, it will freeze with an "Unexpected Error has occurred" or just simply stops responding, resulting in having to force a reboot of the machine. This happens randomly during the game, I have been unable to identify a specific activity or other pattern, within the game, to this happening.

Computer: Apple iMac 27" 2010, Intel Core i5 2.66GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM

O/S: Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (all updates done)

DVD Drive: I have had to add an external DVD drive (Apple USB Superdrive) due to the built-in internal drive having stopped working with the game disks. Therefore the game addons now get installed and run from the External superdrive. 

Game: Sims 3 with all add-on packs up to and including "Seasons" having been installed. (It was also happening prior to Seasons being installed. I was hoping that Seasons may have aplied some patch that might have addressed the problem)

Can anybody please help resolve this problem for me? It is driving me crazy not being able to finish and not knowing when it may be about to freeze again on me. Please help.

Message 1 of 2 (342 Views)

Re: Sims3 Freezing - An Unexpected error (Mac Version)

★★ Novice

Hi there I have been getting the problem aswell I have no I dea what's wrongConfusedmileysad: My Mac is late 2012 so it should be compatible I hope there is a game update

Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)