Sims keeps crashing

by kchelseab

Original Post

Sims keeps crashing

★★★ Newbie

I've been a dedicated simmer for many years and have never had this problem. I have all the expansions and stuff packs installed as well as custom content (this custom content I had been playing with for several weeks and have not had a problem and I have removed the glitched items). I've played it for a while since installing Island Paradise as well. All of a sudden my game is crashing my whole computer and my computer shows up a bright blue screen. I've never had this problem before and now it happens every time, it loads the town and then the whole computer crashes.

Has this happened to anyone before? I understand if my computer is too old or can't handle it anymore I was just hoping there could be another way to fix it.

Message 1 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: Sims keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Seems like driver issue, and since you have been playing too long, it can be registry problems and corrupt system as well.

Well, enough of technical terms. The blue screen is commonly known as BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, which mostly comes due to Operating system issues.

Before all, try to backup all your game progress into some USB etc.

1.Try updating your drivers,

2. If you are using any older version of Operating System like Windows XP., try installing Windows 7 (or Windows 8),

{ if you have tried everything including updating drivers, then try clean install of your OS (My Favorite).

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA TO SOMEWHERE SAFE, LIKE DRIVE PARTITION OTHER THAN WHERE Windows Is INSTALLED, or External Drive etc.

Clean install = Completely removing older Operating System and Installing New Operating System }

Hope it wors! Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)