Sims aren't gaining celebrity points

by thaqueenofchaos

Original Post

Sims aren't gaining celebrity points

★★★★★ Novice

HI everyone 

A little while back I started noticing that my sims weren't gaining celebrity points. It worked perfectly normal up until a point when it just didn't work anymore.I did see other celebrities and the option to opt out the active household wasn't turned on. So it should've worked. I thought it was just a problem with my old computer. It worked before just one day it didn't. Families I was already playing with weren't gaining points but kept their star rating. New families couldn't gain it. They weren't opted out of the celebrity system. I was using mods, but everything was up to date. 

I have a new computer now. Reinstalled the games multiple times, tried with no mods or with mods. It made no difference what so ever. Even after giving them a star through cheats they still don't get points. This is really starting to affect my playing enjoyment because it's just so annoying when you have sims that want to be famous or follow careers that need the star ratings. I don't like using cheats to get them the star rating as I play mostly Legacy style. 

Does anybody have a fix I haven't thought about yet? 

Modlist: 
NRAAS Story Progression, Overwatch, Whoohooer and Relationship panel. 
Buzzers Clean House for All

No Zombies at full moon. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,180 Views)

Re: Sims aren't gaining celebrity points

★★★★★ Novice

Some new information: 
I can gain 1 star when I befriend a celebrity. However, points don't add after that anymore even when I do opportunities and get a message I got celebrity points. The bar stays empty. 

Message 2 of 4 (3,120 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@thaqueenofchaos  See if this helps - link - can't gain celebrity points

Message 3 of 4 (3,105 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've found that thread before, but except just cheating it doesn't really offer a solution.
I'd rather not cheat, since I'm playing a legacy as my main family.
Message 4 of 4 (3,101 Views)