Re: Sims 3 wont connect to ea download manager

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 wont connect to ea download manager

★ Newbie

I just downloaded Sims 3 supernatural, when I got to the installing part of it it told me I needed to update the Sims 3. I went to the launcher to do it and it automatically told me it couldn't connect to ea download manager, I can't refresh or connect to anything. I have already reinstalled origin and I don't think I can install the launcher because the disk is really scratched up and I'm scared I wont be able to re installed it. I just need a way to update it. I don't want a link to another Q&A forum I just want an answer.

Message 1 of 7 (12,798 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try the manual patch linked here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Download and then double click to install.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (12,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too. I had the problem before so I uninstalled and tried to re-install everything. But when i reinstalled the sims 3,  it would not let me install my expansion packs...... It said that my game was not up to date so I checked the game update tab and it told me that I could not  update my game because it was not connected to the EA download manager. Any help on fixing this?

Message 3 of 7 (11,456 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same problem as the persom above me 

Message 4 of 7 (10,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem too, I have no idea how to find the EA download manager and i;m pretty sure i never deleted it. Frown I bought a lot of content on the online store and cant add it to my game. Please help!!

Message 5 of 7 (10,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this link and it says "this program can't be downloaded"????

Message 6 of 7 (10,161 Views)

Hero

The patch link ? That is a rather old one (I've changed the link)

Try this thread. It has the current link

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (10,151 Views)