Re: Sims 3 wont Launch???

by Argy192000

Original Post

Sims 3 wont Launch???

★ Novice

So im not sure what happened but earlier today i was able to play sims 3 fine but it just stopped working. When i try to play it the launcher come up, i push play, it asks for permissions to make changes to my computer, i put yes, and it just sends me back to origin. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and origin and it still does that help???

Running Windows 10

Message 1 of 13 (406 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Argy192000 Do you have cc/mods? Please post your pc's dxdiag - link how to - how to post dxdiag  thank you

Message 2 of 13 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This???? @roberta591 yes i have mods but they aren't loaded into the launcher, they're just sitting in my computer.

Message 3 of 13 (388 Views)

★ Novice

Ah i did it this time @roberta591

Message 4 of 13 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Argy192000 First thing I notice the video is Intel HD Graphics 3000 that is integrated in the I3 cpu. This video chip is known to have issues with TS3. A big part of the problem is the 32Mb video memory and the minimum requirement is 128Mb. As the video does NOT have true "real" dedicated memory like a video card would have can be an issue. The I3 cpu is the weakest of the Intel I family and may have trouble running TS3 (no turbo boost, etc). Strange thing I notice is the cpu is detected in the image you posted but strangely missing in the dxdiag. This information comes from the cpu device driver and this information could indicate an issue with the operating system (Windows 10). While a below minimum spec computer may run the game at first there is no guarantee that the game will continue to run as it may stop at any time. The video system may run the game at low resolutions if at all.

Message 5 of 13 (362 Views)

★ Novice

So theres no way to fix it? Well thats upsetting and confusing since sims 4 runs fine at medium specs. Well ty for helping me i appreciate it. @roberta591

Message 6 of 13 (356 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Argy192000  While there are many ways TS4 is like TS3 the graphics coding has changed making TS4 more tolerant to less powerful graphics units. While integrated graphics processors have become more powerful in recent years, many still can not handle the demanding graphics of some games. The Intel HD Grphics 3000 was bench marked at 35 fps for TS3 at medium resolution (1024X768). IMO the graphics unit is already strained before adding any heavy graphics like Seasons and Pets expansion pack will add. BTW minimum requirement for TS4 is Intel GMA  X4500 with 128 Mb of dedicated video memroy. 

Message 7 of 13 (345 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  Everything was working fine until it prompted me to allow a program to make a change.  I haven't loaded any new custom content and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary.  The launcher comes up fine, but once I click play it opens a black screen and starts playing the usual music, but the visual never loads.  Is this what's happening to you?

Message 8 of 13 (330 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ek8557  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link how to - how to post dxdiag  thank you

Message 9 of 13 (318 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi roberta591,

Thank you for responding so quick.  I'm playing on a PC with Windows 10.  I've attached the dxdiag below.  It's so weird, because it was working just fine before.

Thank you,

ek8557

Message 10 of 13 (306 Views)