Sims 3 won't successfully update? HELP

by x_leah97_x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 won't successfully update? HELP

★★ Novice

So I recently started to get into sims 3 again after a year or so of not playing it. I re-installed the base game and the expansion and stuff packs I had (Generations, Design and High-tech stuff, fast lane stuff and world adventures) and they installed perfectly fine. Then my launcher prompted me to update my game so I obviously attempted to (multiple times). So, I waited about 4 hours for the 'update bar' to fill and once it did it just went back to 0% and stayed like that. I don't understand why I can't update my game. This is really frustrating as i recently purchased sims 3 seasons and pets but in order for me to install the expansion packs i need to update my game, but ofcourse, it won't let me. I've tried manually installing the latest patch but it still doesnt work! It says i need to install an earlier version of the game in order for it to work. I also can't add any custom content to my game because it needs to be updated.

Current version of my game: 8.0.152.011001

Also, when i open up my launcher a script error appears but I don't really get what that means as the launcher still works fine.

Message 1 of 11 (50,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 won't successfully update? HELP

Message 2 of 11 (57,447 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 11 (57,448 Views)

★★ Novice
After many hours of trying and failing, I managed to resolve the problem by uninstalling everything to do with the sims 3, then re installing it. However when I did this I couldn't get the launcher to open so I decided to manually update the game to the latest version and it worked! My base game is up to date and works fine now all I need to do is install my expansion packs and stuff packs and hope they update fine too. Thanks for your help though!
Message 3 of 11 (50,268 Views)

★★★ Novice
My problem is similar except it will completely update and all will go fine it just doesn't seem to register I have a fairly new computer its windows eight. Do you think I have the same problem?
Message 4 of 11 (46,119 Views)

Hero

Try the super patch linked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (46,080 Views)

my news feed hasnt updated it still has 2014 instead of 2015

Message 6 of 11 (38,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem.

Message 7 of 11 (35,742 Views)

Re: my news feed hasnt updated it still has 2014 instead of 2015

Message 8 of 11 (35,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem as well. I bought the Sims Starter Pack and Sims Supernatural three days ago, and for three days I have been trying to get the update to load so I can play, but every time it finishes it goes right back to zero after hours of loading. I tried the Super Patcher yesterday and it didn't work because the download cancels itself for some reason. I really don't know what to do. Can you help?

Message 9 of 11 (34,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, this might be a bit late but i have the same problem (sort of). Mine is always at 100% loaded. however it dosn't actually update the game. I also can not install late night or pets expansions. However High end loft works fine. I have come to the conclusion that my computer is just not powerful enough or does not have enough something to download more big files and stuff. The game will update and install night and pets successfully on are old bulky high copasity computer. I believe some computers just aren't capable of letting the sims file expand bigger.

Message 10 of 11 (31,291 Views)