Sims 3 won't play

by shakeychic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 won't play

★★ Novice

My sims 3 won't play. I load it and it goes straight to a black screen and then nothing.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 won't play

@shakeychic  Try dragging your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Try loading and playing a fresh save to make sure everything works; if so, you can move your saves and other content into your new folder from your old one.

If this doesn't help, please list your computer's specs, along with which packs you're running, and what kind of install you have (Origin, Steam, or disc).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (225 Views)

All Replies

@shakeychic  Try dragging your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Try loading and playing a fresh save to make sure everything works; if so, you can move your saves and other content into your new folder from your old one.

If this doesn't help, please list your computer's specs, along with which packs you're running, and what kind of install you have (Origin, Steam, or disc).

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (226 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictthat worked thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3 (218 Views)