Sims 3 won't install onto my macbook pro

by kaitykay_2011

Original Post

Sims 3 won't install onto my macbook pro

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a early 2011 model of a 13in macbook pro and currently has OS Yosemite downloaded onto it..

I tried to install the Sims 3 base game onto it and it goes through the whole install and files, but thats it. I will only see a folder icon next to the game when I look in the finder. Then I open the file and it just says Sims 3 Installer... so basically it goes through all this "downloading" of files and then does nothing. I check storage to see if any memory was used up, none. I'm really hoping I am able to install the game onto my Mac. Can anyone help?

I currently have 214.73 GB of memory free for use so I do not think it is memory being the problem... 

The general specs for my laptop are 

2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Message 1 of 4 (1,432 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't install onto my macbook pro

Champion (Retired)

@kaitykay_2011 wrote:

I have a early 2011 model of a 13in macbook pro and currently has OS Yosemite downloaded onto it..

I tried to install the Sims 3 base game onto it and it goes through the whole install and files, but thats it. I will only see a folder icon next to the game when I look in the finder. Then I open the file and it just says Sims 3 Installer... so basically it goes through all this "downloading" of files and then does nothing. I check storage to see if any memory was used up, none. I'm really hoping I am able to install the game onto my Mac. Can anyone help?

I currently have 214.73 GB of memory free for use so I do not think it is memory being the problem... 

The general specs for my laptop are 

2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Hi

I guess you are downloading the game from Origin? Is this the first time you have installed the game on this particular Macbook? It is possible that the installation has failed for some reason and/or the download of the game was corrupted. What happens if you try to run the installer?

Caspin

Message 2 of 4 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im downloading straight from the CD that I bought a few years back, didnt even know you could go through Origin. Uh well it goes through the set up like any other normal game would.. it makes me type in the code and then starts downloading these files... but then thats it! Nothing else is started or done in terms of playing.. so I go then to my Finder and see that the Sims 3 is still a folder icon... not the game icon you generally see when a game is downloaded... I hope that makes sense... Thank you for the reply!

Message 3 of 4 (1,403 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kaitykay_2011 wrote:

Im downloading straight from the CD that I bought a few years back, didnt even know you could go through Origin. Uh well it goes through the set up like any other normal game would.. it makes me type in the code and then starts downloading these files... but then thats it! Nothing else is started or done in terms of playing.. so I go then to my Finder and see that the Sims 3 is still a folder icon... not the game icon you generally see when a game is downloaded... I hope that makes sense... Thank you for the reply!

If you look inside the folder The Sims 3 in Applications through Finder, is the game icon not inside?

Message 4 of 4 (1,400 Views)