Re: Sims 3 website won't accept registration code

by Bottlerocket8888

Original Post

Sims 3 website won't accept registration code

★ Novice

Sims 3 website won't accept registration code - I'm trying to download from the Exchange, but it flat out refuses to accept the registration code over and over. But it's the same code I used on Origin to get the game! I bought it from a third-party site but it's not listed as second-hand or anything. game works fine and I had no issues registering it with Origin. 

Message 1 of 9 (787 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Bottlerocket8888  If you redeemed the code in Origin the item should also show as owned on thesims3.com my page. As Origin and thesims3.com are two different sites it may take some time to migrate the data between sites.

Message 2 of 9 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks - I bought it from a thrid-party site, used it to redeem on Origin and log in on the Sims launcher, but it just will not let me use it on the exchange, insisting it's invalid. Can't download anything and it's very frustrating.

My copy of Sims 3 is not appearing on 'My Page' - and any attempt to register the code through there just returns the same result: Invalid Code.

Basically, the code is valid everywhere except the Sims 3 site (and therefore the exchange). 

I originally redeemed it weeks ago, so I don;t think it's a matter of time. Thanks for the reply, though - any other ideas? 

Message 3 of 9 (745 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Bottlerocket8888  What third party site did you use? Did you buy the retail packaging? Did you buy just the code?  When you buy the Steam version you get a code that is good for Origin.

Message 4 of 9 (740 Views)

★ Novice

Site was Instant Gaming - just the code. Bit wary of them but no-one's cloned my card or turned up to harvest my organs so far. And the code works fine on Origin with no red flags. Just bought the code for the base game. 

I don't understand why it's valid for Origin but not for this site? 

Message 5 of 9 (722 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Bottlerocket8888  Are you logging into thesims3.com with the same login and password as Origin?

Message 6 of 9 (705 Views)

★ Novice

No, I don;t think I am. Origin account was made years before Sims 3 one. Does that make a difference? 

Message 7 of 9 (672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Bottlerocket8888  The thesims3.com site needs to be linked to the Origin account. As this is an open public forum user account can not be accessed here. You need to contact EA customer service to see if the accounts are linked and if not the representative should be able to merge the two accounts - link - EA customer service

Message 8 of 9 (667 Views)

★ Novice

Ok, I'll give it a go and report back. Thanks for your help on this, Indy. 

Message 9 of 9 (651 Views)