Re: Sims 3 user presets

by hunnypooh1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 user presets

★★★★★ Novice

Is anyone having this problem? I got a new gaming laptop and for some reason, unlike with my older, lesser computer my presets in CAS as well as any other preset saves in buy/build mode and patterns disappear, even after they're shown to have saved. I'll save them for later use, especially for a makeup and hair preferences, and then when I come back to reuse it, for some reason all of things I've saved has disappeared so I have to redo it all. Very annoying, though not game breaking. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

My user presets package file is in the Sims 3 folder where it should be. Or at least I think it should be... is it supposed to being in another folder within the Sims 3 folder, like the other package files? I honestly can't figure this out.

Message 1 of 4 (2,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

@hunnypooh1  The userpresets file is exactly where these patterns are supposed to be saved.  I've seen plenty of players report that their saved patterns disappear, though; I've always thought that the file itself might be corrupted.  It's also possible that some patterns, like makeup, don't save correctly at all.  It's easy enough to test—pull the file, load a test game, and create a few custom styles in different categories.  Quit and reload to see whether they all still show up.  If they do, the issue was almost certainly your old userpresets.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,165 Views)

All Replies

@hunnypooh1  The userpresets file is exactly where these patterns are supposed to be saved.  I've seen plenty of players report that their saved patterns disappear, though; I've always thought that the file itself might be corrupted.  It's also possible that some patterns, like makeup, don't save correctly at all.  It's easy enough to test—pull the file, load a test game, and create a few custom styles in different categories.  Quit and reload to see whether they all still show up.  If they do, the issue was almost certainly your old userpresets.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (2,166 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

By pull do you mean take it out completely? Or delete? It'll just make a new one when I launch the game, right? I'll try it. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well that most certainly fixed it. Thanks.

Moved the userpreset package file to my desktop and did as instructed. Everything saved as it should have.

Message 4 of 4 (2,149 Views)