Re: Sims 3 univerity glitch

by openhinatagal673

Original Post

Sims 3 univerity glitch

★ Novice

I sent my sim to university for three trimesters and when she came home my sim showed up but her head didn't pop up on the sim panel and i cannot click anything as well as she kept waving her arms like she didn't know what to do and then she called a cab to pick her up and the camera wouldn't follow her and i am not sure how to fix it i tried to take back her old save and the game file was damaged and wouldn't let me open my saved game if anyone has nay tips please let me know thank you. 

Message 1 of 3 (501 Views)

@Swag_allen  The travel transition is fragile and breaks easily, as it did in your case.  Once your sim has failed to arrive, the only thing you can do is quit without saving.  Even if you've already saved your progress, you should have one automatic backup in your Saves folder, inside your TS3 game folder in Documents.  This extra save will have a .backup extension (so if your main save folder is SunsetValley.sims3, the backup will be SunsetValley.sims3.backup).  Delete the extension and rename the backup (i.e. SunsetValley1.sims3), and it will be available for you to load at the Main Menu.

Before going any further, it's a good idea to make a copy of this backup, in case anything else goes wrong.  You can right-click to see the option, and then right-click on your desktop to paste.

Without mods, the only thing you can do to try to get through a travel transition without it breaking is to lower the stress on the game as much as possible.  Empty your sim's inventory as much as possible (a few items are okay, a hundred may not be) and then quit to desktop.  Reload to the Main Menu and turn down all of your graphics options to the minimum.  Turn off the in-game shopping experience and the hidden-object interactive loading screens.  (It's a good idea to have memories off as well, but your save is probably full of them already.)  Quit to desktop again, and delete the five cache files in your game folder.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

When you load the game again, send your sim home right away.  If she arrives safely, use "save as" to rename the save (more backups are always better), quit to desktop, and clear your cache files again.  Now you can turn your graphics back up and resume playing.

If all this doesn't work, then there's not really anything more you can do without mods, but I'm not sure you want to go that route.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (496 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues! University Life has glitched for me too in the past and it's a tough fix unfortunately. I've noticed that choosing to go on the "free vacation" option that sometimes pops up causes issues for university when the sims are returning, I don't recommend going on the vacation. Deleting corrupt or bad files has helped me.

The first step is to locate the Electronic Arts folder either in your Finder or Macintosh HD. Open The Sims 3 once you have found the Electronic Arts folder. Scroll down until you see Saves and open that folder. 

Step 2: Deleting the Files 

Once you're in the Saves you can see all of your game saves with a .backup or .sims 3 at the end of the folder name. If you see anything ending in .bad delete it. These are bad saves. There should always be two saves under the same household. For instance,

Smith Family.sims3

Smith Family.sims3.backup

Deleting a bad folder will not delete your game, you don't need to worry about that!

Here are some more tips:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655771.page or check out this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Savegame-Corruption/td-p/968290/

Message 3 of 3 (430 Views)