Re: Sims 3 takes 3 hours to load then crashes after 10 min. of play

by honeydeer2

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Novice

I'm updateing now. My computer wouldn't update from the settings menu so I had to go to the site and starting updating.

Message 11 of 14 (491 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have spent two days talking to Microsoft, turns out some of my system files weren't working properly. So they had me install a version of windows and when that was finally done(several hours later) I had to connect to them again so they could check it out again and then start downloading the newest version and all the updates. They said I should be good now so I' m gonna try it out. 

Message 12 of 14 (462 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay so here is an update. After downloading a version of windows that my computer had but some of the files weren't working correctly then support had me download the next version of windows. When it finally got done with it the computer did its restart and then completely crashed! So I had to completely restore my pc back to factory. I am now re downloading sims 3. I have already downloaded origin. But maybe by tomarrow I will be able to try it out and see if my issues are resolved. 

Message 13 of 14 (440 Views)

@honeydeer2  Wow, you've been busy.  I'm sorry that this has been such a complicated mess, but I think you'd have continued to see problems, and not just with TS3, until you got it fixed.  Still, a factory reset is a pretty annoying outcome.

And thanks for the update.  If you do see any more crashes with TS3, just run another dxdiag and I'll take a look.  While the errors from before should be gone, there's always a chance that something else comes up.  And you definitely shouldn't need to wait three hours for your game to load; I'd expect a new save to take a few minutes at the most.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (434 Views)