Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

★★★ Newbie

You are my heroStandard smile Thanks!

Message 21 of 59 (4,220 Views)

Lancher Will not Install ANY Store download

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

hi,

i finally got the store patches to work yet lancher willl not install any item lot or world from the sims 3 store  because " you need to update you game"???

my game is at  patch 1.63.5.023001 and store patch was installed after deleting the patch folder and opening the lancher and redoing the 7 patches.

i have no store content currently in my game.

Edit: alos Tryed removing the DCcache folder and Deleted every thing in it. still wont install store content yet it will down load to lancher.

Message 22 of 59 (4,158 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

doubt you'll even see this. But the directions were so vague so if you rmember how to do it can you be more specific? because im scared to loose everything ive downloaded over the years and i'd hate to loose everything because a few files wont download. So I really hope someone sees this and helps cuz im really ready to get riverview. Ive waited a bit too long for this content to download so any help at this point is good enough. i just dont want to loose everything.

Message 23 of 59 (3,922 Views)

★ Novice

Thank u so much  I have been trying for months to get this sorted.  It worked for me but I lost the exchange stuff.  I'm not bothered, I can get some of it back , just miss the mens facial hair!!!!  At least now I have my gold packs and furnishings and hair styles and thats all thanks to u.  Many many thanks, the ea team had no idea how to help me but ur little trick worked wonders Confusedmileywink:Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 24 of 59 (3,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so do i need to keep the ccmerge or delete it too

Message 25 of 59 (3,669 Views)

Hero (Retired)

kepp the ccmerge that file is very important

Message 26 of 59 (3,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so i delete everything in the backup folder except the ccmerge right?

Message 27 of 59 (3,668 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@yakiralove wrote:

so i delete everything in the backup folder except the ccmerge right?

yep . if you still have issues let us know so we can get some more help for you  crin has some tips here abiut store items which might help you scroll to

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game more or less some of the tips in this thread but just in case you didnt catch them all see the link

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394

Message 28 of 59 (3,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

restart your computer?Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 29 of 59 (3,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do i do with the dccache on the desktop? do i remove the new dccache with the old?

Message 30 of 59 (3,657 Views)