Re: Sims 3 saving takes forever

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 saving takes forever

★ Novice
In sims 3, ONLY (not always, but most of the time) when i create a family with pet(s) and i try to save my family, it is saving FOREVER. It has happened many times on my laptop and on my Computer. Yeah, i have downloaded the pack, not bought but i don't think that is the problem, because i have other packs that i have downloaded but don't make any problems. And i have cc and some mods. Please help me. I keep losing 3 hours making a family. I know i can make family without a pet and adopt one later, but i want a pet with characteristics that i would give to it.
Message 1 of 6 (423 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jankovleo  Are you using cc for the pet? Pets is a more complex pack and requires more computer resources then other packs before it. If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your dxdiag  thank you

Message 2 of 6 (416 Views)

★ Novice
Where should i post it? Should i open a new topic or here?
Message 3 of 6 (394 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jankovleo  Just include the file in this post - use the paper clip to attach the file.

Message 4 of 6 (375 Views)

★ Novice

Here.

Message 5 of 6 (357 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jankovleo  The biggest problem is the 17.8 free space on the system drive. As Windows creates temp files  the free space on the system drive will disappear and the operating system will have to page memory to virtual memory and cause system performance issues. Is there a reason you have the hard drive partitioned for only a 50Gb system drive? This is not enough for the Windows operating system. This will cause performance issues. Your computer only has 2Gb of memory. While this is the minimum requirement there will be performance issues. Your system uses DDR2 type memory. This is old technology and slow compared to the DDR3 and DDR4 memory in use today. Your video is integrated into the chipset. The video only has 57Mb video memory and this is below the 128Mb memory required for this game. The video driver NEEDS to be updated. You need to update Windows 7 to SP1. You need to get a video card for that system as the video integrated into chipsets is old technology. The problem is the cost of updating that system will not increase its worth. My recommendation is a newer technology computer. With AMD releasing Ryzen cpu that uses DDR4 makes DDR3 old technology and will slowly fade away. This makes your system really old technology. You could update your system but your looking at memory, video card, and maybe a power supply. Spending this money on that system will not increase its resale value as it is already at minimum value now.

Message 6 of 6 (350 Views)