Re: Sims 3 pc Alienware 17 won't load anymore????

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 pc Alienware 17 won't load anymore????

★★★ Newbie

So frustrated been without my game since early January trying a million different things. I was really stupid and procrastinated backing up my game because I didn't know how simple it was. I get my game through STEAM if that makes a difference. The dxdiag is in the file. 

I tried a bunch of troubleshooting with custom content and mods and everything worked fine even after adding all of that stuff it just was running super slow so I started removing different things to see what exactly was slowing it down or if it was just the massive amount of CC I had. After working on moving different mods in and out as well as running with and without CC I finally decided to just get rid of everything..and did a factory reset.

After that the game screen flickered on the top it was blue and white lines intermittently. At my wits end I finally broke down and did a complete uninstall and reinstall (including uninstalling and reinstalling Steam)

Now when I try to play the game the launcher opens. I hit play it loads right up until the welcome screen where you have to pick which town and/or start a new game it will load until almost the very end and then a windows error message that says "A problem has cased the program to stop working correctly....." there is an option to debug or to close I have tried debugging and it seems to get stuck for a long time and then finally closes or I hit close and it closes.

Help!

Message 1 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: Sims 3 pc Alienware 17 won't load anymore????

Hero (Retired)

@sixmilliondots  Really need for you to post that dxdiag.  thank you

Message 2 of 2 (301 Views)