Sims 3 packs missing

by Kimbelea

Original Post

Sims 3 packs missing

★ Novice

I have owned nearly all the Sims 3 there are, every expansion pack, every stuff pack a few of the extra worlds was they only content I didnt get, but the other night I noticed that a few of my expansions are missing same with some stuff packs it says I can download them but pressing the download button does nothing, My worlds completely missing all together, saying I have the option of buying them, not downloading. I tired to reput in the product code but it just tells me I already own them. I have sent 2 error reports to Origin but nothing has come of this. Please fix this.

Message 1 of 9 (586 Views)

Re: Sims 3 packs missing

Community Manager

Hey @Kimbelea sorry to see that you are having issues with your games, can I ask if you have any mods installed?

If so can you remove any mods and then try launching the game again to see if it makes a difference?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (571 Views)

★ Novice

No Mods, Ive always played them as they came.

Message 3 of 9 (566 Views)

★ Novice
Hello? Any help? I replied yesterday No Mods.
Message 4 of 9 (548 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Kimbelea, when replying it's always worth tagging the person so that they can get a notification. To tag someone you just hit the @ key and then select their name from the dropdown or type it in.

With no mods installed then the next thing to do is ensure that your packs are all installed correctly, can you go into your Game Library and right click on the Sims 3 and select repair. What this does it check the files for any errors and if it finds any repair and/or replace them.

In the launcher do you see the missing items listed?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (535 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko I have done the repair twice, this does nothing. I have had the packs installed for years. As I am an avid Sims fan I got every pack as they came out. Yes and No in the Launcher the expansions and stuff packs are listed, if I try to install them it takes me back to origin with the download, but clicking it does nothing. It does not show the extra worlds that I had brought though.

Message 6 of 9 (514 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I'm having the same problem. My expansions and stuff packs were there this morning, but I couldn't install any of my EA store downloads. So I deleted everything Sims3 related from my PC, because I couldn't find any help for that problem and started reinstalling my game. I have Sims3 original and season on disk and everything else I've bought and downloaded. Now none of my expansion or stuff packs are anywhere to be found. 

I've seen several posts like this and after asking a couple of questions no more help comes from support. Does EA realize that if people can't play their games or use the stuff they buy in the on-line store they will stop spending their money with them and go do something else? What the heck is the problem with not helping the people who GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY? FIX the problems!

Message 7 of 9 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same problems, so if you would kindly help us fix this problem. I've spent months trying to fix it. Not asking much here @EA_Darko

Message 8 of 9 (436 Views)

@SydneySunset  Can you be more specific about the issues you're having?  Do your packs show up in your Origin library, can you download them, do they show in the launcher's pack selector for you to check off before you play?  And what have you tried so far to fix the problem?  There are a few distinct issues involving Sims 3 installs, and a few distinct approaches to troubleshooting.

Worlds need to be downloaded from the Sims 3 store, not Origin.  Once you've redeemed a code for a world, it will show up in your Purchase History when you're signed in.  You can download it from there, or directly from the product page.

https://store.thesims3.com/

@Kimbelea and @paulahenson  This thread was just moved to the dedicated Sims 3 section this morning.  If you're still looking for assistance with your issues, please post back, and I'll try to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (400 Views)