Sims 3 lag

by ellztrap

Original Post

Sims 3 lag

★ Novice

Hey guys, my sims 3 game has recently been lagging, quite terribly like Inplayable (By lag I mean freezing every few seconds but the sound and particles still go) It recently worked pretty smoothly and I had the graphical settings up quite high, but then when It got to winter in the game it started doing this, I thought that it could be from the snow so I turned snow off in the options, and it still was lagging terribly so I turned winter off and all the graphical settings as low as it can go It says 2 more days left of winter, do I just leave my laptop on for how ever long it takes for the two days left of winter to pass? or should I uninstall seasons? I would also like to add I tried runing it in windowed mode to see if that would help but it has not.

NOTE:

I am currently running windows 8.1 on a Toshiba Satalite C50-A

~ Thanks :cathappy:

Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: Sims 3 lag

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Also

• What expansions do you have ?
  • What week is your game in ? 
  • Does it only happen in a certain savegame or in all of them
  • Are you using custom content or mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (108 Views)

Re: Sims 3 lag

★★ Apprentice
Have you tried the reset sim * cheat?
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)