Sims 3 installation

by KathrynDraconna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 installation

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I could not find an answer to this issue that worked for me.  I have purchased the Sims 3 and have Windows 7 I have tried to install about 15 times already from the disc and every time it makes me download the WHOLE GAME offline and install through Origin.  After download (which takes 6 hours) it then will not install.  I have tried manually starting the install file outside of origin, but then the game says it is not installed correctly and will not run.  Why do i have to download and install through origin when i spent 30 dollars on the disc?  i even tried to fix the issue by uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it, that did not fix the issue, and i have tried installing from the disc without Origin, and all it does is say I MUST install Origin.   I know it isn't my computer as i run Skyrim and other new games on the computer just fine.

Message 1 of 5 (4,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 installation

★★ Novice

I am replying to my own topic to let you know I found the issue with my game.  Origin updated and reset some settings I need.  For others that might be running into the issue of being forced to download the files.  I was able to get this to stop by making a folder on my desktop and copying ALL the files from the DVD over to this folder.  When I ran the set up from this new folder, it seemed to tell Origin that i did not need to download the installer file, and copied things appropriately.

I still had the problem of the Install not launching from Origin, but this was finally able to be fixed by going into the program files folders, into the Origin folder, and finding the EAproxyInstaller.exe application file.  I am running Windows 7, but this file was insisting on running in Vista compatibility mode.  It had to be changed to run in Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatiblity for my game installer to continue successfully.  Once that is changed, the install button in Origin actually works.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (4,506 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I am replying to my own topic to let you know I found the issue with my game.  Origin updated and reset some settings I need.  For others that might be running into the issue of being forced to download the files.  I was able to get this to stop by making a folder on my desktop and copying ALL the files from the DVD over to this folder.  When I ran the set up from this new folder, it seemed to tell Origin that i did not need to download the installer file, and copied things appropriately.

I still had the problem of the Install not launching from Origin, but this was finally able to be fixed by going into the program files folders, into the Origin folder, and finding the EAproxyInstaller.exe application file.  I am running Windows 7, but this file was insisting on running in Vista compatibility mode.  It had to be changed to run in Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatiblity for my game installer to continue successfully.  Once that is changed, the install button in Origin actually works.

Message 2 of 5 (4,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi I'm having this problem right now. I put the disc in press install and the Origin shortcut pops up. I log in and it says welcome frantastic4 then asks me to create a name or skip. I slip it and then it says error. I go back to my desktop press the devices and then click on the sims3 disc. Straight away it takes me back to the Origin pop up. And it goes round and round in circles. I've checked Internet connection - fine. Disc - fine. Can anyone help?
Message 3 of 5 (3,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been patient to wait for origin to download the sims 3 for 14hours on my pc. But now, I really can't take it anymore! The internet connection is so slow and it says 24hours for the sims3 to be downloaded. Ugh. I feel like never buying this game anymore. Why is origin complicating things for us? Frown

Message 4 of 5 (3,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. I am now busy copying the cd files over to a newly created folder on my desktop. However, where do I find the Origin settings to change the installer.exe to Windows7 instead of Vista or XP?

Message 5 of 5 (873 Views)