Sims 3 install problem

by Genesicide

Original Post

Sims 3 install problem

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to install the Sims 3 and when I got to the installation screen which asked if it was okay for the game to make changes to my computer I decided to go back and create a save point, so I exited out of it. After trying to install it once by more by clicking on the sims icon "DVD RW drive" AND running it on the disc again, it said the application can't be found. I was hoping someone could help me with this problem, please.

Message 1 of 2 (297 Views)

Re: Sims 3 install problem

Hero (Retired)

@Genesicide The software on the dvd is dated and as the discs are generic, it is better to get the digital download version. Download the Origin installer - link - Origin client installer Install Origin and login or if you don't have an account - create an account. Redeem the game code and you should be able to download the game installer. Once the game is installed it will patch THEN the base game should be ready to play the first time. If you install by disc you will have to download and install the manual super patch then the game will have to patch again.

Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)