Re: Sims 3- how many games exist?

by pinkgirlforyou

Original Post

Sims 3- how many games exist?

★★★★ Novice

Hey all. I was wondering how many Sims 3 games are out there? 

I tried googling the question but it doesn't give me a proper answer. I just want to know how many there are. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15 (695 Views)

@pinkgirlforyou  I'm not sure whether you're asking about packs, or versions of the game itself.  TS3 for mac/Windows has 11 EPs and 9 SPs, which you can find listed here, if you scroll down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

If you're asking about how many versions of TS3 exist for different platforms, here's a list with links:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3_(disambiguation)

I believe the mobile versions haven't been available for some time, and the online services for the console versions were cancelled a few months ago.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 15 (687 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for responding! I meant for PC. Standard smile Ok so I saw there's like 16 of them, but two weeks ago while installing my Sims, I remember seeing a picture of a lady and a dragon, and it said it's a Sims 3 expansion pack or something like that. I'm wondering why people don't count it? Like I watched a guy review all Sims 3. I was waiting for the dragon one but he didn't mention it?
Or did I just see wrong and it was actually a Sims 4 or Sims 2 pack?
I'm so confused. I don't know where that pamphlet is now.
Message 3 of 15 (646 Views)

@pinkgirlforyou  The lady and the dragon reference Dragon Valley, a Sims 3 world you can purchase through Origin and download through the store.  Here's a list of all TS3 worlds:

https://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642

Riverview is free; all others have to be bought with either SimPoints or cash.  The store does add a lot of premium content, including the dragons, that doesn't come with the base game or any packs.  (There's a separate premium content tab in the store as well, if you're curious.)

By the way, did you ever get your computer fixed?  I'd be happy to help you with with the issues you were having before, if it's possible.  I know the computer isn't online, but you can always run the dxdiag I described and then copy the most important information into a post here.

Message 4 of 15 (640 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh yes! But Im not sure what exactly the problem was. My father replaced everything in the PC. Upgraded it. It cost him a lot. The PC had to be put in a bigger case haha. But finally it's working perfectly. It was probably because my PC was too standard and old. 

So the reason I asked how many games exist, is because I want to collect them all. I'm missing like ten of them. 

And according to my research, Sims 3 is ten times better than Sims 4. Haha. 

Message 5 of 15 (636 Views)

@pinkgirlforyou  I wholeheartedly agree that TS3 is much better than TS4.  I'm much happier with the older game and all of its wonderful features than I ever could be with the newer iteration.  But that's a completely different discussion.

I'd still like to know the specs of your computer, just to make sure the game doesn't damage the hardware.  For example, if you have a strong graphics card, you'll need to cap your in-game frame rates, a weaker card will need protection in the form of lower graphics settings.  The most important parts of the dxdiag are the processor and memory (right near the top), the graphics card (the first three lines under Display Devices, a couple of entries down from the top), and Disk & DVD/CD ROM Drives (about a third of the way down).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 15 (628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also curious about the spec file 🤔

But... We know why it won't be discovered! I have a new question!

I've attached a grab of all the Sims games I have, (except world adventure s and high end loft doesn't work) 

So, could you tell me which ones I'm missing? 

If you could name each one that I still need to buy? 

I get really confused by the internet. So it would be great if you could give a list of all the games I'm missing from the S3 series. 

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Message 7 of 15 (556 Views)

@pinkgirlforyou  Alright then, here's a list of all TS3's expansion and stuff packs, in order of release, with the ones you didn't list as owned in bold:

EPs:  World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future

SPs:  High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Town Life, Master Suite, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, Diesel, 70's 80's 90's, Movie

Again, there's no reason you can't run the dxdiag by following the linked instructions.  Then you can manually type out the information I described in my previous post.  Depending on your specs, your computer might be fine to run TS3 with the packs you already own, or it might need a lot of help, or it might not be a good idea to run certain packs at all.

P.S.  I don't know why the Katy Perry pack has to exist, either.

Message 8 of 15 (544 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks Soooo much. I have a new question lol. I recently found out about 'mods' , so I downloaded a few with my cell. Of course. Now I want to put it on my PC ... Where do I add these files to? Can I just add it to my documents or something? Or must I add them to a certain file under the Sims files?
Message 9 of 15 (520 Views)

@pinkgirlforyou  Normally, you'd add mod files to your TS3 game folder in Documents; there's a simple configuration and one additional file you need to make them work.  But I don't think they'd even work in your setup, or if they did, they'd break your game.  You can install TS3 via disc, but without an internet connection, you can't patch the game.  So many game files will be outdated, including some that the mods need to work correctly.

Using a mod that's incompatible with your patch level can often corrupt your current save to the point that it's unplayable.  This isn't just a matter of finding older mods that work with your discs.  The base game wil be updated to some extent, but your earlier expansion packs won't be, meaning that you'll have game files at several different patch levels at the same time.  Other than perhaps a few small tuning files that are narrow in scope, I doubt there's a mod out there that would work well with an unpatched disc install.

What you really need to do is find a way to patch your game.  Buy or borrow an external hard drive or thumb drive, and go somewhere with a computer and internet connection available (a school, a library, a friend's house; whatever).  Download the Super Patch, which is a little over 1.5 GB, as well as any mods you want, and put them on the external/thumb drive.  Then you can transfer them to your home computer.  EA still offers a direct download of the Super Patch:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

And I understand you don't want to do this, but it's important that you make sure your computer can run TS3.  I hate to keep asking for your specs, but given that your old computer has already broken once, I really think you need to make sure that your hardware can support the game.

Message 10 of 15 (515 Views)