Sims 3 graphic problem windows 10 (please help)

by juliaava1

Original Post

Sims 3 graphic problem windows 10 (please help)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

HI everyone,

I really need your help because I am a Sims addict and the game is currently unplayable for me. 

I was playing it and everything was normal (no new cc installed recently, I have the current patch 1.69.43) and then the next day I open my game and all the graphics settings were set to default and the screen choppy. I changed the settings back to my usual settings and now the game is unplayable. Edge scrolling is almost impossible because of the jerky movement and cut looking screen. I don't know whats wrong with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice with no luck. I have removed my mods folder in case one of them had become corrupt with no luck of improvement. I have windows 10, 60 HZ and 4g of RAM.

PLEASE HELP ME

thank you!     

Message 1 of 10 (6,399 Views)

Re: Sims 3 graphic problem windows 10

Hero (Retired)

@juliaava1   Is your computer a laptop? Do you have a gaming video chip in the laptop - if so is the game using the gaming chip? Please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag   thank you

Message 2 of 10 (6,366 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah, it is the hp laptop. I have been using this for 3 years with no problems. I do not have a gaming video chip installed. my laptop is a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.
Message 3 of 10 (6,358 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@juliaava1  Really need the dxdiag to see how you laptop is configured.

Message 4 of 10 (6,350 Views)

★ Novice

Is this what you need? 

Message 5 of 10 (6,333 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@juliaava1  The Intel I3 4030U is under powered at 1.90GHz - the minimum requirement is 2.4GHz. The minimum dedicated video memory is 128Mb and your computer has 112Mb. The Intel 4400 HD Graphics Family is not very powerful and known to have issued with 3D games. Is your Windows install an upgrade from Windows 8? OneDrive is Windows 10 version of SkyDrive. These sync programs interfere with the games data files. If you need to sync files the games files need to be excluded from syncing because the files are moved by Windows and the game can no longer find them. Did you recently add expansion pack(s) to the game? Did you recently add any programs to that laptop? Did you recently log into OneDrive? Did Windows recently update?

Message 6 of 10 (6,306 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. After I updated to windows 10. Sims 3 and Sims 4 have graphic problems. Can You help me?

Message 7 of 10 (5,665 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DexterJomet  Did you update your video drivers after the update? The update may have installed default drivers. Does the game launcher work?

Message 8 of 10 (5,632 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi roberra591 maybe you could help me i installed sims 3 on my Hp laptop with windows 10 and everything on the game was fine but when I got to the map it was white/greyish colour what do I do to fix it
Message 9 of 10 (4,631 Views)

@Lucinda1999  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  That will cover most of your hardware, as well as a couple of other potential problems that could be causing the graphics issues.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (4,625 Views)