Re: Sims 3 genertions cane not working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 genertions cane not working

★★ Novice

To however this concerns

I just purchased generations expansion pack. One of the reasons i did was to have my elder sims use canes. No matter what i do or try when i have the cane in my elders inventory the only option that shows up is give gift, i cannot walk with the cane or use it at all. I have tried everything but it will not work. This is very disappointing as it is one of the main reason i purchased the expansion and it doesn't work. Is there anything i can do or can be done to fix it.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (1,029 Views)

@jonowono500  Try selling the cane that doesn't work, buying a new one and placing it on the floor, and then having your elder sim walk over to the cane and pick it up (rather than you dragging it into the sim's personal inventory).

There are reports that some supernatural sims, like witches, can't use the cane.  But I'm not sure if that's true—I've never tested it myself, and the message boards don't seem to have a definitive answer.

If your sim still can't use a cane, try deleting the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  (This is good practice in general, even when you're not troubleshooting, but especially after you install a new pack.)  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,016 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzleaddict Thanks ill give deleting those files a try.
I think i was trying it with a supernatural sim so ill test that as well.
just wondering do you have this expansion pack does canes work for you?
Message 3 of 4 (989 Views)

@jonowono500  I own the pack but haven't installed it yet.  However, I've seen many (mostly recent) screenshots from other players for whom the canes work just fine.  At least one sim I can think of is an alien, but I can't remember if I've seen any of the occults that come with Supernatural using canes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (983 Views)