Sims 3 game launcher wont update

by emmadavis1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 game launcher wont update

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I recently just downloaded origin an bought a few new sims games. I know how the sims works (I have been a player for multiple years), but I just got back into it. I bought the Sims 3, and Sims 3 University Life. The Sims 3 downloaded and installed fine. I downloaded the University Life, but when I try to install the game it says, "Please use The Sims 3 Game Launcher and update your version of The Sims 3 before installing this product." So I go to the launcher and try to update the game. When I click on the update button the launcher closes and does not update. I would really like to play my new game, please please help me.

Message 1 of 9 (13,842 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 game launcher wont update

★ Pro

Hey

Try installing this patch, it's 1.2 gb so it will take some time, after it's installed you should be able to install the game normally.

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (14,230 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

Hey

Try installing this patch, it's 1.2 gb so it will take some time, after it's installed you should be able to install the game normally.

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.50.56.0210xx_update.exe

Message 2 of 9 (14,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I gave the patch a go and was able to update my launcher as well as install University Life! Thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 9 (13,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about a patch for Mac?

Message 4 of 9 (13,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same problem and its really starting to annoy me since I paid 50 bucks to play this game and can't even play it because the update wont apply. Goes through everything and says it works but doesn't update and I have gone through the 3 hours of waiting at least 5 times now. Im getting very frustrated like it wont even work and I didn't even get a chance to install university life yet! I really love the game and wanted to get back into it but this is ridiculous like I paid for the game and it wont even work. Im at the point I want to scream!!!! Any Ideas? Thanks Frown

Message 5 of 9 (13,415 Views)

★★ Novice

did it end up working????????

Message 6 of 9 (13,186 Views)

★★ Novice

it doesnt work! i click on the link and it doesnt load! I AM GETTING VERY ANGERY ABOUT HOW STUPID EA DOES THEIR UPDATES! HELP!

Message 7 of 9 (13,184 Views)

★★ Guide

@matchead20 wrote:

What about a patch for Mac?

@allixrae12 wrote:

I have been having the same problem and its really starting to annoy me since I paid 50 bucks to play this game and can't even play it because the update wont apply. Goes through everything and says it works but doesn't update and I have gone through the 3 hours of waiting at least 5 times now. Im getting very frustrated like it wont even work and I didn't even get a chance to install university life yet! I really love the game and wanted to get back into it but this is ridiculous like I paid for the game and it wont even work. Im at the point I want to scream!!!! Any Ideas? Thanks Frown

@KYRAwinslow123 wrote:

it doesnt work! i click on the link and it doesnt load! I AM GETTING VERY ANGERY ABOUT HOW STUPID EA DOES THEIR UPDATES! HELP!

If you follow up on the EA Help Center and use the search function, you'll find useful info that may help you. I found a page that may help resolve your issues. Confusedmileyhappy:

https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

Message 8 of 9 (13,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when I download it, it keeps saying it won't download or it was interrupted

Message 9 of 9 (6,060 Views)