Sims 3 expansions missing

by SnowyLuary26

Original Post

Disabled Sims 3 game

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 generations game has been disabled due to chargeback against my account. I paid for this game through Amazon who is an authorized retailer. How can I get my game back?

Message 81 of 287 (2,052 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs are showing as not purchased

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did you purchase your codes from eBay? If so you may have lost them due to Origin doing a purge of all such codes. You can try to contact EA help to confirm this is why they were removed.

If you have bought them in the last 180 days you are still covered by paypal buyer protection.

Message 82 of 287 (2,052 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion packs are now missing from my account.

★ Novice

Five of my Sims 3 Expansion packs, that were previously redeemed on Origin are now missing from my account.  I can't download them again.  Origin says the code has been redeemed, but my game is gone.

Message 83 of 287 (2,085 Views)

Origin suddenly not recognizing my Seasons exp.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I just went to log into Origin and it wanted to update, so of course I let it update.

I started one of my saved games, decided I didn't want to play that one and just quit and restarted.

Now Origin doesn't want to recognize that I already have Seasons, when not 5 minutes ago, everything loaded perfectly.

Any suggestions on how to get Origin to recognize that I already have Seasons installed?

Thanks!

Adding:

The Seasons expansion I have is not a recent purchase, nor was it purchased through eBay.

Message 84 of 287 (2,069 Views)

Re: Origin suddenly not recognizing my Seasons exp.

★★★ Apprentice

I would contact EA support and see if your expansion was blocked or removed. There have been a few people who reported their expansions were mistakenly removed. But as long as your game was purchased from a trusted retailer they should be able to fix it.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

Message 85 of 287 (2,058 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion packs are now missing from my account.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did you purchase your expansions from eBay? The most recent Origin update started a purge of unauthorized codes.

From what the community has pieced together there was a charge back scam of some sort and now all of those codes are being either removed from users accounts or the expansions are being deactivated by EA so even if they are on your account you cannot play them.

If your game was purchased from a trusted retailer Origin should be able to restore your expansions as long as you provide proof of purchase.

Here is an article that covers trusted retailers: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted 

Message 86 of 287 (2,072 Views)

Re: Disabled Sims 3 game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello, You can contact EA help and tell them you purchased from an authorized retailer. They will either restore the expansion as long as you have proof of purchase, or they will likely redirect your ticket to the TOS team who will e-mail you telling you to contact their dispute team.  If you don't want to wait for that you can e-mail accountdisputes(at)ea.com with your proof of purchase. Here is a link on what you will need: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/

You can also contact Amazon telling them that their is an issue with your game, and you should be protected by them.

Message 87 of 287 (2,049 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did contact them and had to be escalated.  I've had the expansion since 2015, so this isn't a recent purchase at all.

Message 88 of 287 (2,054 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

awesome....and now the launcher won't show my ITF or Supernatural either, but they do show up in Origin.

SO not happy.

Message 89 of 287 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Like many others, I'm dealing with the same issue. Best of luck, please update this thread if you reach a resolution. 

Message 90 of 287 (2,050 Views)