Re: Sims 3 expansions missing

by GMGamerGirl

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

It the third one but my account is not banned. if my game is not fit then how can I get my money back. cause I don't know what to do anymore to solve this

Message 241 of 287 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@mushskyIf you bought a code on a site, turn to the place where you bought the not-working code and report it as not working. Then they can either give you a new code or your money back.

Message 242 of 287 (1,703 Views)

★★ Guide

@SamyMerchi wrote:

My Electronic Arts patronage is over thanks to how this whole chargeback debacle has been handled. I also bought a few expansion packs from eBay in good faith, and now that EA can't punish the criminal, they choose to punish their customer instead.

There's no such thing as "in good faith" at eBay. People get scammed all the time there, so unless a seller actually says they're an authorized seller, you assume the risk of getting scammed when you buy anything from them.

Message 243 of 287 (1,682 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought Seasons in 2012 from Amazon LLC (Not Marketplace, Amazon itself), and EA is still telling me I bought it from a third-party retailer and I need to complain to them to get a refund. How the hell am I gonna get a refund from something I bought five years ago when it was working perfectly for all this time until now because EA decided last week that it didn't like that code anymore?

Message 244 of 287 (1,602 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@lunarlutheran  This is very similar to what I went through, having bought my expansions years prior to this whole mess.  This was just so badly handled from the start that I just don't have words.  It's ended my customer relationship with EA, in spite of being an advocate for years.

It started when they sent me information on an EA sports account that I don't even have, culminating in a form letter where they didn't even bother to fill out the information for what expansion they claimed I'd bought from a bad party.  It literally read (ExpansionName).  At that point, it became pretty blatant to me as someone who also works in the industry, that there was a whole lot of shooting in the dark to plug the leaks, and/or recover whatever loss they'd suffered at the hands of said third party.

And, yes, I agree with the other posters that you should never punish your customer for what you should have pursued through legal means regarding the third party seller.

/imdone

Message 245 of 287 (1,553 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought my game on STEAM back in 2013 with most of the DLC and it all worked, all of it. I even redeemed the bloody things on  thesims3.com .
Up until a few weeks ago, I got a new rig and whatnot since the old one that had sims3 + DLC died.
On the new computer, I loaded up Origin, I saw my Sims3 + DLC in my games library , all i did was re-download the entire thing.

Things worked okay for a few days...then one of the DLC stopped working, then the others just seemed to vanish from the game launcher. what in cyan blazes is going on?

My DLC are legit, they had legit keys, they got redeemed why are they not on record with my account?

I uninstalled Sims3 + DLC , all of it, total wipe, tried it all over with STEAM, same horror story. The products I bought are a no-show.

I am trying all the solutions listed , I think I guess I wanted to vent or share this experience. I'm waiting on EA to get back to me ATM.

Message 246 of 287 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just want to point out that almost every single seller of Sims 3 content on eBay said they were authorized sellers, if you don't know where to look for the full list (which was honestly not easy to find originally) you wouldn't know they weren't. I lost content do to the same scam, and every single listing I purchased from said it was an official authorized code. They WERE legitimate codes, they just issued a charge back on the original code purchase that invalidated them.

There is no protection for any buyer outside of the 180 day protection window regardless of if it was a scam or not. So it is honestly just all risk to buy from eBay, there isn't much safety if they wait a long time.

Message 247 of 287 (1,454 Views)

★★ Novice

This doesn't work. Am I just supposed to accept that the expansions I bought are now useless? What the hell is going on?

Message 248 of 287 (1,412 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★ Apprentice

Oke for the record: Is this problem still arround? I download and install the sims 3 and its expentions today. But none off mine expentions show up in the game! Does it mean that i have to get back to install them by CD/DVD? And yes they show up in the launcher...are click on ..but no items in the game itself. I really hate EA needs to update stuff and ends up messing again....

Message 249 of 287 (1,354 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh...so judging from the struggles everybody else had, my answer is to re-buy the games through my Steam account. Well that's a legit seller, so I'm sold. On the bright side, the packs I bought from ebay were cheap so my pockets aren't crying (yet,) but I'm a little bummed I missed the huge sale!

Message 250 of 287 (1,335 Views)