Re: Sims 3 error; Unable to connect to servers

by SandArcher

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 error; Unable to connect to servers

★★ Novice

Hi,

I did a quick search in the forum, and couldn't find anything exactly like this.

I downloaded The Sims 3 through Origin. I also downloaded the High End Loft Stuff add-on.

When I try to launch the game, the Sims 3 launcher appears. When I press the 'play' button, I get the following error message;

There is a problem connecting to the servers. Please ensure your internet connection is active. Please try again later.

Of course, my internet connection is absolutely fine.

I contacted EA, requested a callback, which I just finished with. Apparently this is a known issue, they have received many calls about it today. 

To be honest, I don't really trust EA (previous bad experiences with customer care), so I wanted to check if anyone else is having the same issue?

I've googled the problem, and found a few 'fixes', none of which worked.

So i come to you, oh experts of Sims :-)

Can anyone please help???

Oh btw, I also get a script error, when the Sims 3 launcher opens. It asks me if I want to continue running scripts on 'this page'. It has the following URL in the error pop-up window;

http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

Message 1 of 5 (8,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

SandArcher,

Thank you very much for the response. Sims 3 is now working, could be because of the EA servers actually being down, or because of the software update it performed this morning.

I kept checking for game updates in the launcher yesterday (haven't played in a long time), even after a couple of automatic updates.

This morning, I tried lauching again, same issue as yesterday.

However, after a couple of attempts, I was prompted to update High End Loft Stuff to 3.13.1. After this update, all is working ok!!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (8,476 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Ok, so I just read the script error sticky, so that's nowt to worry about

Some info though:

Windows 7, Home Premium, Service Pack 1

Origin version 9.7.2.53208- 380888

Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.17914

Although I never use Internet Explorer, only Chrome, but I do also have Mozilla installed (only used for business banking)

Message 2 of 5 (8,362 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Reximus_Maximus1 are you still having this issue?  This was a problem on EA's side and apparently has been resolved since. 

Message 3 of 5 (8,352 Views)

★★ Novice

SandArcher,

Thank you very much for the response. Sims 3 is now working, could be because of the EA servers actually being down, or because of the software update it performed this morning.

I kept checking for game updates in the launcher yesterday (haven't played in a long time), even after a couple of automatic updates.

This morning, I tried lauching again, same issue as yesterday.

However, after a couple of attempts, I was prompted to update High End Loft Stuff to 3.13.1. After this update, all is working ok!!

Message 4 of 5 (8,477 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a similiar issue but the error that came up when i pressed the play button is "we are unable to connect to ea servers to activate the sims 3 using your computer" or something like that, i cant find any solutions so if anyone finds a solution tell me, i have cc and a expansion pack. my sims is running on the latest version.............. also, everytime i open the game up it tells me to update, the bar doesnt go up but the download says it is finished, i then press play and it leads me to the launcher which shows the newest update but when i press play it shows the first problem above^^^

Message 5 of 5 (8,296 Views)