Re: Sims 3 down loadload yet another person having problems

by Tennaj70

Original Post

Sims 3 down loadload yet another person having problems

★ Novice
I have recently (2 days ago) purchased a downloaded version of sims 3. Played it once and now I can no longer launch because I am not connected to the internet. At no point was I informed that I would need to be connected to the internet to play the game. The game asks for me it activate it, which I have already done so. Also now my Sims 2 game plays up and doesn't launch properly, it has never done this before until downloading the Sims 3 and updating Origin. I'm not impressed by this and feel it was a waste of my money. $30 down the drain... I will be contacting consumer affairs concerning this issue. The amount of people who have problems with Origin and Sims games is beyond belief. You should be ashamed.
Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Tennaj70  On the back of the jewel case for the Sims 3 base game I bought in 2009 It is stated that an internet connection is required. You HAVE to activate the game online for the game to play. You can put Origin in the offline mode and the game should play if it has been previously activated online.

Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

★ Novice

I purchased the game through Origin and at no time was I informed that I would need internet connection every time I played the game. I HAVE previously activated the game and Origin is in the offline mode. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (199 Views)