Re: Sims 3 constrainfloorelevation

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Sims 3 constrainfloorelevation

★★★ Newbie

I have typed in the blue bar constrainfloorelevstion true and it still doesn't let me edit my land!!??

Message 1 of 7 (6,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

"true" is the default state that is always on in your game. If you want to use the cheat, you will have to set it on "false"

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,049 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have followed the tutorials on how to use constrainfloorelevation false to change heights.  I would like to place a half wall roof on my new house, however the squares do not appear on the top of the lowered wall for me to use the level.  For example:  my house has a foundation.  so a few squares away from my house I build a foundation, then wall on top of that then another wall on top of that and finally a third wall. My house is two storey.

On my house I build the walls where I want the roof, which in my case is the whole roof.  I type in the cheat constrainfloorelevation false, then lower my floors down.  I use the lower land button and lower the foundation I built.  Raise my floors up and there is no squares on top of the lowered wall built next to my house so I can use the level.  I've also tried building a square box on top of the foundation and lowering it, but it to didn't work.  Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have Windows 7, I'm working off of Island Paradise.  I'm not a new player either but I wanted to expand my skills and try something new.

Message 3 of 7 (6,046 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bmit04 wrote:

I have followed the tutorials on how to use constrainfloorelevation false to change heights.  I would like to place a half wall roof on my new house, however the squares do not appear on the top of the lowered wall for me to use the level.  For example:  my house has a foundation.  so a few squares away from my house I build a foundation, then wall on top of that then another wall on top of that and finally a third wall. My house is two storey.

On my house I build the walls where I want the roof, which in my case is the whole roof.  I type in the cheat constrainfloorelevation false, then lower my floors down.  I use the lower land button and lower the foundation I built.  Raise my floors up and there is no squares on top of the lowered wall built next to my house so I can use the level.  I've also tried building a square box on top of the foundation and lowering it, but it to didn't work.  Could you tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have Windows 7, I'm working off of Island Paradise.  I'm not a new player either but I wanted to expand my skills and try something new.

Hey.

Constrainfloorelevation is a nightmare. I'm not so sure as to what you want to do  - I'm getting the gist but not sure of the details. Can you take a few pictures, upload them to a third party site like photobucket and link it here?

Message 4 of 7 (6,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Message 5 of 7 (6,033 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 6 of 7 (6,023 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you see my post ^^