Re: Sims 3 baby glitch

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 baby glitch

★★★★ Novice

so I have recently been affected by a new glitch in my aims 3 game. When ever I load my game and play with my baby Sims a child hair will attach high above them, like it would on a child sim. It glitches out my game when I play causing big brown streaks to cloud my screen when ever I get to close to the baby sim. I don't know what to do and I haven't found anything on this glitch. If anyone has an answer please give it to me, I really need help with this. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,972 Views)
Highlighted

@Spellbound18  This is most likely the result of bad custom content, specifically a hair for a child/teen/adult that wasn't properly limited to that category.  You might be able to get rid of the floating hair on the individual sim, provided that sim is a toddler and not a baby.  Babies can't be modified in Create a Sim, but toddlers can.

To enter CAS without mods, bring up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes.  Then shift-click on the toddler and select Edit in Create a Sim.  Change the kid's hairstyle, then use "save as" to rename the save (so you have a backup), and quit.  Delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents before reloading.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, or if the affected sim is a baby, you'll need to uninstall the bad hairstyle entirely.  If you don't know which one it is, you may need to experiment a bit.  Crinrict's guide to getting rid of bad cc is very helpful:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of-unwanted-custom-content.html

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to ask.  (And be sure to delete your cache files again when you're done.)

If you don't have any custom content installed, let me know.  I haven't heard of this happening in a no-cc game though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the help but I uninstalled the CC piece from my launcher and it was still in my game. At this point I have had SO many issue with my game I sometimes think it isn't worth it. But thank you so much for the help, I've been on my own when it come to problems and glitches with my game and i really appreciate it. I can handle the glitching as a baby then when they age up I will change the hair.

Message 3 of 4 (1,946 Views)

@Spellbound18  I'm sorry that uninstalling the hair alone didn't help.  If you really want to get rid of the cc now, you could always try loading your save in a clean game folder.  (You could move over your other saves, and the rest of your content, once this save is rid of the glitch.)  Bad custom content can often be stubborn, but there should always be a way to get rid of it.

If you're willing to wait it out though, that usually works as well.  And you're welcome to bring up any other issues you have with the game; it's kind of what we're here for.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,939 Views)