Sims 3 Won't Work

by celticmistress

Original Post

Sims 3 Won't Work

★ Novice

I got the Sims 3 back in June 2015. Loved it. It was GREAT... until I did the November update. Then it would play for like a minute and crash every time. So I did the January update after that, now it doesn't crash but it lags AWFUL and all the popup boxes are just blank, black. Anyone else having this problem? And please don't tell me to move my folder here or there. That doesn't work. Tried it.

Message 1 of 8 (370 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Won't Work

Hero

Have you tried repairing the game ?

What version does the launcher currently give you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't have it open right now, I'm not with the computer it's installed on. I have whatever the latest version is, I know that. I have tried EVERYTHING. It's to the point to where I don't even touch the game anymore.

Message 3 of 8 (340 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (318 Views)

★ Novice

I think I attached it. Is that it? That's all gibberish to me but I followed what that link said. I appreciate you trying to help me. I've drove myself nuts with that game.

Message 5 of 8 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Your processor is below minimum specs for this game and your graphics drivers are from 2013. Check if there are newer ones.

Do you have any expansion packs installed at all ?

I don't know why it ran before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Nightlife and High-End Loft Stuff, came with the Sims 3 Starter Pack. I don't know where I would find new ones, and if there are then I know I can't afford them. It worked just fine, perfect, before I did the two most recent updates. I may have to wait until I can get a new laptop, mine is a bit old.
Message 7 of 8 (285 Views)

★ Novice
Nightlife and High-End Loft Stuff, came with the Sims 3 Starter Pack. I don't know where I would find new ones, and if there are then I know I can't afford them. It worked just fine, perfect, before I did the two most recent updates. I may have to wait until I can get a new laptop, mine is a bit old.
Message 8 of 8 (283 Views)