Re: Sims 3 Won't Save and Quit

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Won't Save and Quit

★★ Novice

Over the past few days I have not been able to save and close out of my game. I select the save a quit option and then the saving icon comes up, but that's it. The only way for me to actually quit the game is to force the shut down which means my game does not save. I installed the University extension pack recently but I had been able to save and quit since I downloaded that as well. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (6,479 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've heard of others having the same problem.  Have you tried using "Save AS" instead of "Save and Quit."  What you would do is click Save As and once it's saved, click exit.  When it asks if you want to save then, you can click no since you just finished saving beforehand.

Message 2 of 5 (6,446 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Try to follow steps from https://help.ea.com/ca/article/sims-3-world-adventures-error-12-13-or-16.

It should resolve your issue but follow all steps and disable your CC and mods before playing.

Message 3 of 5 (6,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine is doing the same thing, and 'Save As" wont work.  i tried unistalling cutom content and it still wont work.  EA, release a patch please! This is seriously pissing me off and im close to not playing anymore.  

Message 4 of 5 (5,665 Views)

Hero

How many folders to you have in your savegames folder ? Seems you can't use save as if you have a lot of them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (5,663 Views)