Re: Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found

by quentopolis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 University Life- No game disc found

★ Novice

I just bough University Life expansion pack. I installed it, then I went to play it and after the intro (when I'm supposed to choose the game I want to play or the family), it says: "Disc Authorization Failure: No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 University Life disc before proceeding". That's the disc I'm using! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. **I have a MAC. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 11 (17,528 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Just in case some else is having the same problem, an advisor from EA helped me Standard smile He told me to got to: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and then delete the following folders: DDCACHE and Downloads. Restart your Mac and launch Sims 3 again. It worked!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (18,626 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Just in case some else is having the same problem, an advisor from EA helped me Standard smile He told me to got to: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and then delete the following folders: DDCACHE and Downloads. Restart your Mac and launch Sims 3 again. It worked!

Message 2 of 11 (18,627 Views)

Hero

The DCCache folder contains all your Store Content and CC. So while deleting that does work for the error on Macs, you'll also loose al custom and Store content.

You will need to reinstall all. It seems that some Store Content is conflicting on macs so if you do reinstall, do it in little groups until you get the message again until you find out what the culprit was. 

Let us know if you find the Store Content that is giving you issues. Would love to know what it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (17,414 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

This works for me, but only temporarily. When I try logging back on after the DCCache file has been remade, it doesn't work yet again. Will I need to delete my DCCache file every time?

Message 4 of 11 (16,095 Views)

Hero

It might be that it's just one item that is causing the issue. 

Best thing is to weed through your Store content and find out which one of the files is causing the issue. DCCache has all installed store and cc content.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (16,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How came mine is not work
Message 6 of 11 (15,027 Views)

★ Novice
Will this delete families you have in a downloaded world?
Message 7 of 11 (14,064 Views)

★ Novice
Also, should this work for a toshiba laptop too?
Message 8 of 11 (14,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What  about with windows?? Please help

Message 9 of 11 (8,948 Views)

Hero

Answered here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-University-Life-No-game-disc-found-I-m-on-windows-7/m-p/3...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (8,936 Views)