Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

[ Edited ]

I'm creating this thread to collect reports of people not being able to login at the Main Menu, as it looks like this problem has resurfaced again.  If this is affecting you, please click the Me Too button and provide the following information, if you haven't already:

1)  What type of install do you have?  (Origin/patch 1.69, Steam, disc, Origin/mac)

2)  Have you tried clearing the cache for Internet Explorer?  (see below)

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

3)  Have you deleted the file labeled [your email].bin in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads?

Hopefully, this problem will be resolved soon, but in the meantime, any information would be very helpful.

UPDATE:  If you're still having issues with in-game logins, EA_Mai would like a bit more information, as she describes in this post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7134310#M232799

Please PM her these personal details, rather than posting them in the thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 44 (3,018 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

This should be fixed now, and you should be able to log in again Standard smile  Thanks one more time for taking the time to report this issue and sending the information I asked for.

If you are still getting the same error message, please, follow these steps one more time:

Spoiler
  1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE 

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes!

@kathrine99 is your log in issue happening only on the Main menu of the game as well? If so, please, try again now Wink

Thanks,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 37 of 44 (3,173 Views)

All Replies

Re: I can log in to sims 3 launcher but won’t log in in main menu of game

★ Guide

Hi! As of lately I too have been having trouble getting past the main menu page due to my game not being able to log on. It just remains buffering endlessly without stop. I can't even properly and safely quit the game due to the buffering. I am able to play the Sims 3 if I disconnect my PC's internet. Only then will I finally be able to get the option to play off line. I can only do this when I start the game then quickly disconnect before the screen goes black, just before the opening title video begins.

I have been playing well on my Windows 10 just fine until now. It uses 64 bits operating system x64-base possessor,  RAM 8GB. 109GB Hard Drive still free of the 232 GB of hard drive room. Graphics Card; Intel® Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM 1.1)

The problem just started this week. Wondering

Message 1 of 44 (3,022 Views)

@nycbigl  Does this happen when you try to login, or even if you don't?  There's no need to login either at the launcher or Main Menu to play.  If you launch through Origin (I can't remember whether you do), you can put Origin in offline mode and see if that helps.  You can also try clearing Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

While you're at it, you can clear the cache for Internet Explorer as well.  Even if you never use it, the store and launcher do for some purposes.  (And yes, it's still in there somewhere in Windows 10.)  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

clear IE cache:  https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

If you're still having trouble, please post back letting us know whether the above steps changed anything.

Message 2 of 44 (3,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too am having problems logging into the main menu for Sims 3.  I can log into Origin and the Sims 3 launcher without any problems.  However once it gets to the main menu it keeps telling me my login information is invalid.  I have done all clearing of caches from IE to Origin and deleted email address in Sims 3 download file and all other advises given, and still I am unable to get past the last login on the main menu.  

I am fully aware that I can play Sims 3 offline, but I am trying to obtain badges and achievements which requires you to be logged online.

Message 3 of 44 (3,007 Views)

Re: Invalid email/password error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just started having this problem today myself.  I've been purchasing a lot of items off of the Daily Deal.  I wonder if it's related to using the Daily Deal, or to that particular item in some way? 

I've also been transferring downloads to a separate hard drive, in case the Sims 3 store goes the way of the dodo in the future.  I don't want to lose the content I've purchased.  Wondering if it might be related to that?  Maybe I moved something I need without realizing it?  I tried to keep all of the files that were NOT package files, and only transfer the package files to the other hard drive.

I've tried every suggestion in this thread, except for reinstalling.  I've repaired the game installation, deleted my email.bin file, tried logging in at the store through the browser (works), at the Origin client (works), at the launcher (I'm auto-logged-in there, and it doesn't give me the option to log out), and in the game.  (In the game is where my login keeps failing.  Keeps telling me my email or password is incorrect, even though it works everywhere else.)

Just for reference, the last item I purchased from the Daily Deal was Luxe Lounge Spa.  (I got it for free on the Daily Deal after activating CYS through other purchases).

Has anyone heard anything about a definitive fix for this?  I had almost shared enough memories to get the last two achievement items, and now I can't share anything else, ugh!

Message 4 of 44 (3,003 Views)

@nycbigl  @LadyDell54  @Netjera  I'm collecting your posts in this thread so that it's easier to keep track of this particular issue.  If you haven't already, please provide the information listed in the first post, as this will make it easier to troubleshoot.  I'll keep this thread updated, and hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Message 6 of 44 (2,994 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict

1.  I am using Origin/Patch1.69

2.  Yes, I have cleared the cache in IE (made sure I unchecked Preserve Favorites website data) and reset IE setting in the advanced tab.  I have also cleared Origin cache.

3.  Yes, I have also deleted the file labeled [your email].bin in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads.

I too am hoping there will be a fix soon as I'm so close to getting the 30 grandchildren badge.

Message 7 of 44 (2,975 Views)

★ Guide

1)  What type of install do you have?  (Origin/patch 1.69, Steam, disc, Origin/mac)

I have a Origin 1.69.43.024017 downloaded digital version of The Sims 3 game to my Windows 10 PC.

2)  Have you tried clearing the cache for Internet Explorer?  (see below)

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Yes. Plus I use an Internet Privacy Eraser wen I turn on the computer and when I turn it off and several times in between every single day. It erases all of my history, caches, cookies and deleted files.

3)  Have you deleted the file labeled [your email].bin in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads?

I have not deleted my email bin. Should I? Wondering

Message 8 of 44 (2,952 Views)

@nycbigl  Deleting the file in Downloads that lists your email address can occasionally help when clearing Explorer's cache does not.  It's looking like this issue is probably on EA's end, not the players', but it's worth going through all of the usual troubleshooting steps.  At the very least, it will tell EA that we've done everything we're supposed to do.

Of course, you can always just move the file somewhere else, instead of deleting it outright.

Message 9 of 44 (2,944 Views)

★★★ Novice
1. Origin/patch 1.69.
2. Have cleared IE cache multiple times in past day or so when this began. It did seem to fix it for a log-in or two and then would go right back to not working. The last two times I tried it, it did not correct the problem at all.
3. I have not yet deleted the file mentioned. I was looking for the information about what file it was recommended to delete when I stumbled across this post.
Message 10 of 44 (2,940 Views)